Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2011, 09:20 AM

Default Problems installing Pro Tools LE8 (and upgrading to 8.0.5) on Windows 7

Whats up everyone...

Im having some problems installing Pro Tools LE8 on my new computer with Windows 7.

I have Pro Tools LE8 on CD which I bought years ago and I have to get it installed and working properly so that I can upgrade to the latest stable version which is 8.0.5.

Well, last night I managed to install Pro Tools 8 then I was able to upgrade to 8.0.5. However, after upgrading, it wasn't opening at all. It kept stopping at "loading plugins" or something and then there was an error that came up saying some stuff like "access denied (5) DAE prefs".

How do I fix this? Now I go on the update and it says to make sure that you DON'T have the interface plugged in when you are installing Pro Tools... So now i'm trying to install Pro Tools 8 without the interface plugged in but it keeps failing on me. This is getting very irritating!

According to this:
Pro Tools 8.0.x Additional Downloads

"Caution: When installing a version prior to Pro Tools 8.0.4 on a Windows 7 machine, DO NOT plug in your LE device when the installer instructs you to do so. This could cause installation errors. Users should install Pro Tools LE 8.0.x without their device plugged in, then use the 8.0.5 updater and follow onscreen instructions, plugging in their LE peripheral when instructed."

I uninstalled/deleted all Cyberlink programs and IE9. I tried deleting all the drivers then reinstalling them. I tried exiting the setup then coming back to it. Its not working at all!

Last night when I got 8.0.5 installed, it wouldn't open. It would freeze at the "Loading plugins" screen that give me some DAE prefs error.

Now i'm trying to install Pro Tools LE8 without the interface plugged in and the error i'm getting is a "Feature transfer error cyclic redundancy check"

What was the point of getting Windows 7 if its having so many problems with Pro Tools? Should I downgrade to Vista? Help!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Problems installing Pro Tools LE8 (and upgrading to 8.0.5) on Windows 7

Yikes, a rough time for sure. No, don't go back to Vista. You might start over fresh(very easy if you saved a drive image before you jumped into this "frying pan"). In any case, you don't install drivers with PT8 as they are part of the full installer(which is why I recommend a fresh start). I would run the uninstaller that comes with 8(unless there is a newer one with the 8.0.5 updater), reboot and start over. Are you certain the computer is compatible? Posting a Sandra report might shed some light on that(and save you more torture if its not).
Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave