Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2005, 01:58 AM

Default looking 4 some big distorted guitar sample cds

hello all

i am starting to lay down some tracks which are going to be of an electrock (rocktronica?) nature. since i want many heavy guitars, and my guitar playing stinks, i will record my friend's excellent guitar chops. but he is overseas, and i will record him last. in the meantime i would like to prepare all other tracks any i want to build some temporary guitar tracks build out of samples, until we replace them with the real thing.

any ideas on the best sounding hard-rock guitar sample cds? i need the bread&butter distorted powerchords (fifths) sampled at each key, mutes and things like that, no fancy solos. but i want them big.

what is the best way to emulate heavy rock guitars in a daw? - (remember, just as a temp substitue to the real guitars)

thanks in advance
Saar