Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2020, 05:19 AM

Default Avid Complete plug-in bundle install fail

Tried downloading it again, and same issue. Hangs a loooonnng time while "preparing the bundle" then finally says "an error occurred during installation." Authorization is required to install the packages."

* I understand complete plug-in is free now, but free to PT first users?, and can I install the bundle on PT first?

I'm running Pro Tools|first on a 2017 MacBook pro with Mojave 10.14.6
Any advice would be appreciated!
J.R.
Old 07-20-2020, 07:38 AM

Default Re: Avid Complete plug-in bundle install fail

Hi welcome to DUC.

(This really belongs in the Pro Tools First forum section)

Free? Why would you think that?

Oh you mean like this misleading page: https://www.avid.com/plugins/avid-co...-plugin-bundle

“Pro Tools” here does not include Pro Tools First, Avid is sloppy when it comes to product and product family name use. They often ignore Pro Tools First exists when talking about product families. (It looks like an ignored product in general).

You can pay for cloud storage options... but I suspect Avid would argue that is not a Pro Tools First subscription.

You can install any plugins in First you purchase through the in-app store. No other plugins will work.... one of the major limitations with First. Making it totally unattractive to many users, and something most third party plugin developers do not care about/will not support.