Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2018, 07:43 AM

Default Izotope RX7 Standard in PT 2018.10

I recently purchased Izotope RX7 Standard. Everything works great except for De-clip. When I click the 'preview' button, it is obvious that the plugin is doing it's job. I click 'bypass' and I hear the clipping again, so all is good.

When I render however, the clipping is not actually fixed. The wave file pretty much stays the same. I say "pretty much", because there is a very slight change but the clipping does not go away. It doesn't matter if I use the plugin as an insert, render via AudioSuite, or use the 'Connect' feature.

Any ideas as to what the problem might be? I have sent an email to Izotope, but they are slow to respond.

Please note that I am running this on Windows 10.
Old 11-02-2018, 07:50 AM

Default Re: Izotope RX7 Standard in PT 2018.10

What if you close PT, and open the audio file directly in RX? De-clip, save, close RX. Open PT, select the clip in the Clips Bin and make it Recalculate Waveform Overviews.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB
Old 11-02-2018, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeron80 View Post
What if you close PT, and open the audio file directly in RX? De-clip, save, close RX. Open PT, select the clip in the Clips Bin and make it Recalculate Waveform Overviews.
That is a great idea, one scenario that I have not tried yet. I will give it go and see what happens.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrod View Post
I recently purchased Izotope RX7 Standard. Everything works great except for De-clip. When I click the 'preview' button, it is obvious that the plugin is doing it's job. I click 'bypass' and I hear the clipping again, so all is good.

When I render however, the clipping is not actually fixed. The wave file pretty much stays the same. I say "pretty much", because there is a very slight change but the clipping does not go away. It doesn't matter if I use the plugin as an insert, render via AudioSuite, or use the 'Connect' feature.

Any ideas as to what the problem might be? I have sent an email to Izotope, but they are slow to respond.

Please note that I am running this on Windows 10.
Did you click the Process button in the declip module in RX? You need to do that as well as clicking the render button when back in PT after you send the file back to PT from RX.

QAPLA!
Old 11-02-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Did you click the Process button in the declip module
+1
Old 11-02-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeron80 View Post
This actually worked thank you!

But doesn't this defeat the purpose of the 'Connect' feature workflow? Also, why doesn't it work as an insert or when rendering via AudioSuite? Even when I import it in standalone mode, when I import the file back into Pro Tools, I still hear the clipping. If I play the same file on another app (e.g. Windows Media Player), It plays with the rendered clip fix. It appears that Pro Tools and Izotope Rx7 don't get along. This appears to be a major bug. I am curious if anyone else is having this issue.

It is a bit discouraging that Izotope is not responding to my emails. Pretty poor support so far for such an expensive piece of software.
Old 11-02-2018, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Did you click the Process button in the declip module in RX? You need to do that as well as clicking the render button when back in PT after you send the file back to PT from RX.
As far as I can tell, RX7 does not have a 'Process' button. After sending the file back to PT, it asks me to hit 'Render' again, or am I missing something here?
Old 11-02-2018, 02:45 PM

Hi,
It sounds like you don't have "USE IN PLAYLIST" selected.

Pete
Old 11-02-2018, 06:33 PM

Quote:
As far as I can tell, RX7 does not have a 'Process' button. After sending the file back to PT, it asks me to hit 'Render' again, or am I missing something here?
Izotope changed the 'process' button to 'render' and it's on every module in RX7.

QAPLA!
Old 11-03-2018, 11:25 AM

Quote:
This actually worked thank you!

But doesn't this defeat the purpose of the 'Connect' feature workflow?
That was just a troubleshooting step to make sure RX was working right. After sending to RX with Connect and processing the audio, hit Cntl+Return. That will send the repaired audio to the Audiosuite plugin and switch you back to PT. Then click Render. As was said above, USE IN PLAYLIST must be highlighted, or it will only put the new clip into the Clips Bin, not onto the timeline.

I like to hear my RX audio through the track it will be on. To do that, use an Aux track in PT with RX7 Monitor in the first insert, track output set to a bus. Set the input of your audio track to that bus. Put the audio track in record ready (or input if you have Ultimate) before sending the audio with Connect. Have RX set to output to RX Monitor.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB