Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2015, 05:22 AM

Default TL intune stopped functioning

Good morning. Yesterday, when I reopened a session I'm working on, I went to check my guitar tuning with TL intune. When I added it as an insert to my guitar track it opened up but it's not functioning at all. In standard 6 string mode nothing happens when I select each string. No strobe. no needle! Since this is not a 3rd party plug in I'm at a loss as to why or how this might be happening. (Pro Tools 9.0.6). Thanks for any advice.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:38 AM

Default Re: TL intune stopped functioning

I say again! TL in tune stopped working! Can anyone offer a suggestion? Yes, I have other options for tuning and this may not seem to most to be a big deal. My point is I paid for it when I bought Pro Tools. So do I just ignore it and wait for other PT's plugins to mysteriously disappear? Thanks for any help.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:54 AM

Hey Terry. Does TL intune work in a different session? Maybe there is a glitch in your current session preventing it from working. If it doesn't work in any session, then perhaps the plugin file has become corrupted and you will need to do a repair of your Pro Tools install (unless you have a drive image backup you can restore from).

Digi 002 rack , Command 8, Behringer ADA 8000, Tascam M-320B Mixer, Alesis Monitor Two Speakers, Vintage and Modern Tube Amps, Fender American Strat, 1973 Gibson SB-450 Bass, Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro, Roland W-30 Keyboard, Preimier XPK Fusion Drum Kit.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:33 AM

Thanks mslackeridge. TL intune has always worked flawlessly. I used to tune guitar & bass with my Peterson strobe clip on tuner but there seems to be a slight difference in the tuned pitch with that between my keyboard and guitars. Maybe just my aging ears but tl intune seems to be more on the money. Anyway, I've been using it for about the last 3 songs I've done. I'm not fast and I take my time. I'm almost done with the current song and I don't want to interrupt it by messing around in areas that I'm not sure of the results. This isn't a big deal. I just thought that someone might be able to offer a solution that may have experienced the same problem with tl or other PT's supplied plug ins.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:58 AM

I do not have TL intune on my version of PT, but I do have the Bomb Factory Essential Tuner. We have found that it reads flat by about -10 cents, when compared to several other external tuners, so quit using it.

Digi 002 rack , Command 8, Behringer ADA 8000, Tascam M-320B Mixer, Alesis Monitor Two Speakers, Vintage and Modern Tube Amps, Fender American Strat, 1973 Gibson SB-450 Bass, Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro, Roland W-30 Keyboard, Preimier XPK Fusion Drum Kit.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:51 AM

Thanks mslackeridge. Just one more question and I'll leave you to more important things. What is considered the best, spot on tuner with little or no variance from standard A440? Is there such? Where can it be found? Thanks.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:04 AM

I really can't recommend one, but there are some high end strobe tuners that are supposedly pretty accurate. Our guitar players use a pedal tuner that mutes the guitar when in tuner mode and lets the signal pass through to the amp when the switch is hit again. I think the brand is Fender. To test your software tuner, record some single piano notes from an instrument track in pro tools and buss to an audio track and record to the audio track. Then insert the software tuner on the audio track and play back the notes. (Assuming that the samples of the piano notes were in tune to begin with).

Old 01-11-2015, 05:18 AM

Thanks mslackeridge.