Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-27-2004, 02:46 PM

Default latency when monitoring the output of my MBox

heres the deal.
if I monitor thru my headphones in my booth thru the input side of my mbox there is no latency, but if I monitor the playback from my mbox there is an annoying delay to my headphones, this delay does not feed my speakers in the control room just my cans in the booth.
signal flow: mic goes into ch. 1 of a console. ch 1 routes to buss 1. buss 1 routes to ( for some reason to mic 2 on the mbox, dont ask me why- i didnt wire the room). mic 2 feeds input 2 in PT output 1-2 to ch's 3/4 on the console. the headphones are being sent from the aux's on ch. 3/4 for playback purposes of course.
PT. is set up with an aux for processing (comp/eq) then out to an audio track.
AGAIN, with the room set up this way, there is no latency if I only monitor the input on the mbox going to the phones, but to monitor the playback (for punch-ins) there is a Delay...
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME????
Old 01-27-2004, 03:53 PM

Default Re: latency when monitoring the output of my MBox

That's the way the Mbox works, didn't you read the manual? Use the input/playback knob (and the mono button if you like) to adjust your mix when tracking. For further explination, read the manual.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:07 PM

slim. IF I HAD THE MANUAL I WOULDNT BE POSTING THIS ISSUE.
I am doing freelance work at a studio and the owner (WHO BOUGHT THE MBOX)
unfortunatly LOST the MANUAL.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:55 PM

Bummer, although all the manuals are included in PDF format when you install. Go to your digidesign folder, there's a folder called Documentation that has all the manuals in it (and you can search them!).

All PTLE host systems have recording latency - the Mbox works around this by using the input/playback knob. When tracking, turn the knob towards 'input' and you can monitor the signal before it hits the A/D converters. Unfortunately you have no options for reverb or anything, but that's the only way to do it if you don't have an external console to do your monitoring with.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:03 PM

You can also search the AnswerBase for MBox and Latency for instructions on how to record with the MBox.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 01-28-2004, 01:32 PM

Even when I turn the knob all the way to just try and monitor what's recorded, I still get the signal of my guitar I'm trying to overdub. Anyway to rectify this? Is there a setting in the porgram I should fix?

thanks
kevin
Old 01-28-2004, 01:43 PM

So you have the record armed track muted, and the Mix knob all the way to playback... and you still hear the guitar? Create a Master fader for output 1&2 and see if you have meter movement - if you do, then check for any Aux Tracks assigned to the same input and mute those.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••