Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 06-19-2011, 02:07 PM

Default UAD-2 Satellite Go or No Go. . . . .

I have done google searches and while I know it is a new product can not seem to find much if any rants or raves about the UAD-2 Satellite. I have a PT HD2 Mac rig that I am strongly considering upgrading to an HD3. WIth that said I would loose my third slot that my UAD PCIe Duo sits in if I did so. Thus the UAD-2 Satellite being a perfect solution to have the best of both worlds. To be honest I am even tossing back and forth weather I should even keep on the UAD platform? Truth be told I am using less of the UAD plugins these days. But there are still some plugins that I have not have native or TDM replacements for and of coarse my older sessions that would no longer be complete without the UAD-2 Satellite or PCIe card. Over all I think that UAD has many many quality plugins that no other companies offer. So with that off my chest any PT9 & UAD-2 Satellite users care to comment on their experience.
TIA
Joe
Old 07-14-2011, 01:50 AM

Default Re: UAD-2 Satellite Go or No Go. . . . .

Hello,

I just bought an UAD-2 Satellite Quad and it's not working properly with a MBP early 2009. The Satellite works with Cubase, but the RTAS CPU consumption level goes to 100% with only the EL-Fatso !

Be carefull.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:41 AM

Soundtrack,
Go for it. .
I don't know what's happening with Glazik's set up .
The UAD2 Satellite is working tops for me on my MBP set up. . I am swapping sessions between the main studio HD rig & my MBP rig with no hassles .
They are also working to make their plugs straight RTAS which will happen v soon. .

Personally, I love 'em .

~ Mac Pro (Early 2009) - 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core-32 GB RAM-10.13.6 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.10 / Apollo 16 / Avid S3 ~
Old 07-15-2011, 10:30 AM

Sorry but I forgot that I posted this here as well. FWIW I did get the UAD2 Quad Satellite. See below for what I posted at the UAD forum. . . BTW I can not wait until they release the straight RTAS plugs

"The Satellite install went very smooth!! I opened up some old sessions with UAD plugs and everything worked great!! Leave it to Uaudio to come up with a stable firewire dsp solution. I did end up getting the flexi quad. I know I was getting the $500 voucher but I got a Satellite $299 crossgrade voucher as well. I got the Studer & Lexicon plug ins along with updating my 4K plugs to the SSL versions for $50 each. And I still have $49 left over. I will throw in some cash and get one more plug and spend the rest if the voucher. Not sure which plug to get next just yet. Anyway I am extremely happy that UAD came up with the Satellite this is going to work out perfect with my PT HD3 system without having to either give up my UAD plugin investment or using a chassis.
Joe"
Old 07-15-2011, 12:50 PM

so rich and famous company don't have RTAS plugins - shame

RECORDING Studio: Mac Pro, OSX 10.6.8, PT HD 3 PCIe, Pro Tools 8.1.1,

MIX + MASTERING Room: MAC Pro, OSX 10.6.8, PT HD 3 PCIe, PT 8.1

3x 192 I/O, Digidesign PRE, UAD Octo, UAD Satellite Ultimate