Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2020, 03:19 PM

Default Save Copy In.. with Folder tracks (broken)

Hello musical friends,
Loving this version of ProTools.

Today I had to backup a song. So I choose all the folders tracks and then click on save all selected tracks to a new folder.

The new session came empty just with the folder track. Not the tracks inside it.

Please make this possible.

SOLUTION: I had to open all Folder tracks (Vocals ALL, DRUMS&Bass ALL, Keys ALL, Guitars ALL) and select every channel to make this work.
UA OCTO Thunderbolt, UAD Twin MK2 QUAD
Old 05-01-2020, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Save Copy In.. with Folder tracks (broken)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirovaz View Post
Hello musical friends,
Loving this version of ProTools.

Today I had to backup a song. So I choose all the folders tracks and then click on save all selected tracks to a new folder.

The new session came empty just with the folder track. Not the tracks inside it.

Please make this possible.

SOLUTION: I had to open all Folder tracks (Vocals ALL, DRUMS&Bass ALL, Keys ALL, Guitars ALL) and select every channel to make this work.
Tried it, and it worked as expected. I experienced something similar trying to save closed folders as track presets, but it turned out there was an option to include the folder contents, that I hadn't ticked. No such option with Save Copy In, though.