Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2014, 08:19 AM

Default Plugins in PT 11

It seems I'm having way more difficulty than i probably should. No matter what plugins I download, I can't seem to really get them to work or find them. I know that there are some defaulted under the avid folder then audio, plugins, etc. But also there are some under Library, audio, plugins, vst, etc. I've only got AD2 to work and that was ridiculous. I had to create a stereo instrument track, then open AD2 as a multichannel plugin under inserts and actually open AD2 as an insert in PT11 on that instrument. Then, and only if done exactly that way, will the "plugin" option under "inputs" not be grayed out and I can use it. But that was after I basically copied the plugin and component themselves and pasted them in every single folder I could find. So who knows what is right. I downloaded a few more basic plugins like a volume maximizer but can't find that. Also tried VST lord and forget that. It will only open AD2 and requires way to much routing. I don't do a lot of synth. Pretty straight forward instruments being recorded. So, basically, does anyone know exactly where to put all the plugins you download so they pop up as inserts, etc? I'm mainly after a volume maximizer to run on my master track but knowledge of all is good. Also, if anyone knows how to actually program beats from scratch and create sections in AD2 like in garage band, that would be rad.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:53 AM

Default Re: Plugins in PT 11

Well I already asnwered you regarding this in your other thread.

VST plugin Doesn't work in PT11

The ONLY plugin format that works is AAX64 bit - NOT AAX32 and thats it.

If you try to load VST/AU/RTAS or any other format it won't load.

And regarding pasting plugins and doing stuff you dont understand is Not a Great idea, sorry!

When you download the correct plugin format you should NEVER paste it by yourself, just run the installer and let the plugin install where it want s to as that is the correct place, not copy/paste in the dark where you "think" it should go, that is probably gonna screw it up even more.

As for AD we have use that since it came out and have never experienced what you describe, just open up a stereo Instrument track and there you have it.

If i were you I would read up a bit more regarding the different plugin formats and what works in PT11 and what doesn't work

Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————