Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2011, 03:45 PM

Default Issues with Audition / Preview

Wondering if anyone is having any issues with audio preview/audition via the both the workspace browser and the import audio window. I'm using PT9.0.2 CPTK2 on 2010 i7 macbook pro with Pro Tools Aggregate i/o and OS10.6.6.

I get a (-6101) cpu overload issue with all hardware buffer size choices - I also get an incorrect sample rate issue. Changing the buffersize seems to resolve this in all cases... however it is not a complete fix as the issue comes back.... Again only when previewing/auditioning audio... Otherwise my experience w/ 9 has been fantastic and 9.0.2 especially (other than the grid in slip issue) has been fine.

Anyone else having similar issues?
Old 03-23-2011, 11:19 AM

Default Re: Issues with Audition / Preview

I think I know answer to one of your questions. The audition preview has to d with your I/O settings or your interface settings that needs to provide a viable audition i/o path. Could be Main 1&2 typically
Old 06-26-2011, 08:05 AM

I'm also unable to preview audio in the import audio window. I am a long time Pro Tools user and checked the obvious things like i/o settings, which are set up correctly.
When I attempt to preview a track (any type or sample rate) the play button hangs for a few seconds and nothing happens or occasionally I get the following error: A CPU overload error occured. If this happens often, try increasing the "H/W Buffer Size" in the Playback Engine Dialog, or removing some plug-ins.
(-6101)

This is an odd error considering I have no instances of any plugins and only one stereo track loaded.

I started having this problem while testing PT 9.03 on my newly purchased 2GHZ Quadcore Macbook Pro with 4GB Ram. Running 10.6.7

Any help would be appreciated.

M
Old 06-26-2011, 08:29 AM

Never mind I fixed it. I had to set the H/W Buffer size to 1024 in order to preview audio in the import window. This seems ludicrous considering I didn't have to do this on my old 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo Macbook Pro, I could pretty much preview audio at any H/W buffer size. I'm wondering if there's some slight comparability issues with the built in audio on my 2ghz quadcore i7 Macbook Pro. If anyone knows anything about this let me know.

Thx

M