Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2012, 08:08 AM

Default MP3 Option Not Working: Going CRAZY!!!

PT 8.0.5
imac 10.5.8
DIGI 003

I keep getting the "MP3 Option Cannot Be Enabled..." msg.

1. i purchased the option a long time ago with no problems.

2. problems started after I did a clean uninstall and reinstall of OT (due to some other issues).

3. I have tried all the troubleshooting tips: deleted the old codec and emptied trash. trashed my prefs. reinstalled the mp3 option. new pace drivers. updated my ilok, etc.

I am at the point where I can get it to work ONCE. This happened awhile ago and I thought the problem was fixed. The next time I tried to use it, I got the same error msg.

so, this time (several months later); after going through all the steps to get it working, I shut down the computer and rebooted. It still worked. I thought "problem solved." The next day when I tried to make an mp3, once again I had the same problem as before.

the only thing I haven't tried is:

"Run the Pro Tools installer from your current Pro Tools version's installation file or CD and choose ONLY the MP3 Update (not the Demo). "

I cannot find this option in the installer.

banging my head against the wall. Please help!
Old 07-01-2012, 03:40 PM

Default Re: MP3 Option Not Working: Going CRAZY!!!

If you reinstalled and the installer put on the demo version, you have to remove it and install MP3 option.. Also must be iLok authorized. No more serial # auths.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:28 AM

Default Re: MP3 Option Not Working: Going CRAZY!!!

Authorizing MP3 Option for Pro Tools Mac OS X

Remove the MP3 folder from the Mac HD\Applications\Digidesign\Pro Tools\Codecs folder
Trash all databases and preferences (move the Digidesign Databases folder located on the root level of all drives mounted on the computer to the trash; also, in the Mac HD > Users > (Your User - House Icon) > Library > Preferences folder, delete the com.digidesign.ProTools(LE).plist, DAE prefs folder, DigiSetup.OSX, and Pro Tools V.x(LE) Preferences files).
Empty the trash from the Finder menu.
Run the Pro Tools installer from your current Pro Tools version's installation file or CD and choose ONLY the MP3 Update (not the Demo). This should place the MP3.bundle back into the MP3 folder in your Codecs folder. If it does not, restart and run the installer again.
Update your PACE files and launch Pro Tools.
Once you choose to bounce as an MP3, you should see the correct Authorize window (make sure you have your code ready - if you choose to cancel, you'll have to restart and relaunch Pro Tools to authorize again).

You need to manually remove and then re-install.

You can still use a serial.

No problems.

Info and locations and downloads here:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...165&popup=true

Make sure you've got the PT8 MP3 Installer.