Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2011, 07:45 PM

Default Setting Midi Channels in PT8

Hello.

PT8.
Reason 4
iMac
Akai MPC 3000
Axiom Pro Controller.

So, I want to trigger Midi in PT with my controller. The Midi messages will trigger devices in Reason, such as their synth modules, etc.

I can get them to play, but I cannot figure out how to set the Midi channel in PT for each device. When I go to "input" on the PT Midi track, it lists whatever device I've opened up in Reason, such as "Thor."

The problem is that PT gives the Reason device a default channel. I can't figure out how to choose the Midi channel on through which I can trigger my Reason (and in the future, NI and Spectrasonics, etc.) devices. This is very important to my work flow.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Setting Midi Channels in PT8

IIRC Reason as a ReWire Client should list it's modules in the Output selector in Pro Tools. Shift-Click to Record Arm multiple tracks to play with Axiom Pro.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Setting Midi Channels in PT8

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
IIRC Reason as a ReWire Client should list it's modules in the Output selector in Pro Tools. Shift-Click to Record Arm multiple tracks to play with Axiom Pro.
I just want to know how to set the midi channel; in other words, I want to be able to put each VST device on a midi channel of my choosing.