Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-08-2003, 04:33 AM

Default DIGI 002, Problem installing hardware driver "cannot find hardware" on install

Someone please help me! When I install protools LE on my PC, it says it can't find my hardware. Everything on my computer is the same as they specify on the website, but the hardware drivers don't install, and the computer can't find the 002. Has anyone else had this problem? I've tried everything they recommend on the website, and still can't get it working. Please HELP!!
Old 08-08-2003, 04:48 AM

Default Re: DIGI 002, Problem installing hardware driver "cannot find hardware" on install

Scott,

It would be helpful if you listed your computer information...
Old 08-08-2003, 04:50 AM

Default Re: DIGI 002, Problem installing hardware driver "cannot find hardware" on install

you do know you have to turn the 002 on BEFORE launching ptle?

Bastiaan
Old 08-08-2003, 06:21 AM

What sort of information do you need? I'm running the D845PESV motherboard. I've got a P4 2.66Ghz processor
Old 08-08-2003, 08:06 AM

Still can't solve it. Help!
Old 08-08-2003, 08:08 AM

..you need to tell us what firewire card, etc etc...

the less info you give us, the less help you're gonna get. it's up to you. do what you want.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:06 PM

I'm having the same problem...everythings hooked up right and powered on right...but cannot recognize the hardware...heres my system set-up...

Digi 002 Rack & PT 6.1 for XP
Pentium 4 2.4GHZ
512 MB DDR Memory
120 GB Hard Drive with 8MB Cache
SIIG 3 Port Firewire Card
Sony 40x CD Recorder

Tell me what you think. I need some help.
Thanks,
Old 08-08-2003, 10:58 PM

I'm running:

Windows XP
Digi 002+ PT LE 5.3.1
Intel P4 2.66Ghz (D845PESV mother board)
1.02 Ghz DDR memory
80 G hard drive
60 G hard drive

I haven't got one of the recommended firewire cards, but it seems to make little difference. People keep suggesting this, but I've changed it loads of times and still no result. other things work in the port, just not the 002.

The problem is very specific. The 002 Hardware driver isn't installing properly, and therefore makes everything unusable. No matter what I change about my computer, the problem comes back to the driver. I would GREATLY appreciate any help at all. As you could understand, this is a pain in the ass that's setting me back in money and time. Thanks
Old 08-08-2003, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by inevitable realisation:
I'm running:

Windows XP
Digi 002+ PT LE 5.3.1
Intel P4 2.66Ghz (D845PESV mother board)
1.02 Ghz DDR memory
80 G hard drive
60 G hard drive

I haven't got one of the recommended firewire cards, but it seems to make little difference. People keep suggesting this, but I've changed it loads of times and still no result. other things work in the port, just not the 002.

The problem is very specific. The 002 Hardware driver isn't installing properly, and therefore makes everything unusable. No matter what I change about my computer, the problem comes back to the driver. I would GREATLY appreciate any help at all. As you could understand, this is a pain in the ass that's setting me back in money and time. Thanks
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Greetings.

I have seen instances where the cable has been faulty.

Any chance of trying another one?

Best regards,

Haigbabe
Old 08-09-2003, 12:29 AM

The reason it can't recognize your hardware is because there was a bad run on the power supplies I believe, according to DIGI. They shipped me out a new 002R and I got it the next day, however it was a refurbished unit (which I think sucks. Although it was in good condition,it should have been a new one, like the condittion mine was in. Any way I would suggest contacting DIGI they should be able to help.

Ajay