How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2008, 10:35 AM

Default Assigning multiple Output Paths

Hi all,
I'm dealing with protools projects that have a lot of different tracks and busses. I was wondering if there is a way to Reassign multiple output path of track/busses at the same time? A keyboard shortcut or I dont know.... The Groups have no effects on the output path.

Thanks!
Old 10-16-2008, 11:15 AM
Avid

Default Re: Assigning multiple Output Paths

If you hold 'option' while clicking on a tracks output, it will change the output on all tracks. Add 'shift' to that and it only applies it to selected tracks. Add 'control' to that and it will add the selected output to the current output.

Obviously these are for Mac - swap 'Alt' for 'Option' and the Windows/Start key for 'Control' if you're on a PC.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:01 PM

That was fast. Thanks!
Old 10-17-2008, 07:58 AM

And is there any way of UNDOING those track assignments? lol
Old 10-17-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Import session data from a backup session. You can import I/O assignments, and then match the tracks.

Tip - Use 'Save As...' every time you make significant changes in your sessions. Easier to go back when you need to.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3ird View Post
Yes, IF I am understanding you correctly. Press Control/Option/shift.. then click the output of any of the selected tracks. You will see the outputs "checked". Click on one of those and it will release/cancel that output for all the tracks selected. SB
Old 10-17-2008, 02:51 PM

I've also gone through those and a lot more shortcuts on a blog topic
"Mixing it up in the Mix window" FYI linked here:
http://brentheber.com/?p=13
Hope that helps!
Old 06-16-2015, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig Eliassen View Post
Tip - Use 'Save As...' every time you make significant changes in your sessions. Easier to go back when you need to.
Oh how important this is! It's such a bugger to have to think back through all your routing if you make the simple mistake of not holding down shift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyBass View Post
Yes, IF I am understanding you correctly. Press Control/Option/shift.. then click the output of any of the selected tracks. You will see the outputs "checked". Click on one of those and it will release/cancel that output for all the tracks selected. SB
Does this assign all outputs back to the master, or to the previous outputs they were assigned to? As I usually have plenty of tracks routed to various Aux Inputs before the master
Old 06-16-2015, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sijamaudio View Post
Does this assign all outputs back to the master, or to the previous outputs they were assigned to? As I usually have plenty of tracks routed to various Aux Inputs before the master
No. What I believe BaileyBass said is that with multiple outputs assigned, you can hold Shift+Ctrl+Option and click on the output of any selected track, and click on assigned/checked outputs to remove them. The rest of the assigned outputs for selected tracks will stay.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:18 AM

Oh I see. So best make sure to save right before doing so if you're prone to hitting the wrong key commands like me!