Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 05-22-2018, 02:04 PM

Default Re: free ADR cueing software

Let me have a think. You can do some basic editing and the software flags that there have been modifications but they don’t persist (either within the software itself or back into Pro Tools).

Cheers,
Pete
Old 06-02-2018, 02:14 AM

1.7.91 up. MUCH faster saving of the backup file. Got to finish a few crazy weeks of work then going to look at some of the good suggestions I've been getting.

Cheers,
Pete
Old 06-13-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Gates View Post
1.7.91 up. MUCH faster saving of the backup file. Got to finish a few crazy weeks of work then going to look at some of the good suggestions I've been getting.

Cheers,
Pete
1.7.95 up. Had to implement two good ideas before a bit of radio silence from me.

Export options can now specify various track sorting options for the output files. Also, only partly implemented so far (only works on the Excel outputs, got to work out where to put it on the PDFs), a corporate (or your one man company!) jpg/png logo and company info text.

Cheers,
Pete
Old 07-03-2018, 12:16 PM

1.7.97 up

You can now...

do supplementary cues in dupe tracks with the [SUP] tag

set custom cue numbers (actually alphanumeric) with [Ccuenum] tags in clips eg [C45a] will override automatic numbering and give that cue, 45a as the cue number. Any clip that has a custom cue number isn't checked for a clashing cue number.

set custom track cue number seed/start time with similar to the clip custom cue number tag but in the Track Comment field - [C400] will start cue numbers on that track from 400. This is numeric only unlike the clip cue number override as it has to be able to increment. This isn't displayed in the interface (yet). It will be, just wanted to get someone up and running for now.

## characters at the top of Held/Shot tracks are removed from display (the Held/Shot flag is set for that track though).

Think that's it.

Pete

Last edited by Pete Gates; 07-03-2018 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:19 PM

1.7.99 up

Couple of internal fixes and one feature I needed:

Sometimes I've done a character's complete sheet and sent it to the stage... then, the night before shooting I've needed to add a cue or two and generate new sheets but don't want to renumber all the cues. That can mess things up for the stage and if you've already sent sheets to the director/artist it can get confusing. [X] tag to the rescue:

[ADRT]
"a line of adr cue text"
"another line of adr cue text"
"yet another line of adr cue text"
"yet again another line of adr cue text"

will give
ADRT001
ADRT002
ADRT003
ADRT004
(with default cue numbering settings)

[ADRT]
"a line of adr cue text"
"another line of adr cue text"
"inserted line of text[X]"
"yet another line of adr cue text"
"yet again another line of adr cue text"

will give
ADRT001
ADRT002
ADRT002x1
ADRT003
ADRT004
(with default cue numbering settings)

Will probably tweak this a bit further but I needed to do some updated sheets tonight!

Pete
Old 07-23-2018, 02:34 PM

Just this second fixed a bug where the backup JSON files when restored, wouldn't restore the [ADRTAG]. If you were super quick on the trigger and downloaded the 1.7.99 update within a few minutes of my previous post re-download it!

Pete
Old 08-28-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Gates View Post
... I'm still looking at the keystrokes sent to Pro Tools when using the remote control - some people are having a lot more success with this than others and it's been slow progress trying to make it more reliable...
1.8.1 up. Beginning of a whole new range of things.

Main change for now is for Mac users, Remote Control now uses the official Apple way of remote controlling other applications (at long last, sorry!) rather than my dumb way of sending raw key strokes - not that the official way is lots better but should be a bit more robust and should allow me to finish the bulk region group creation feature which has been half-baked for way too long. This means that, like other assistive apps, the first time you run it it'll probably ask you for permission to control Pro Tools. If it doesn't take you there anyway, open System Preferences / Security and Privacy and select Accessibility on the left and tick PGPTSession.

PC remote control is still dumb key strokes! Can't find a better way to do it yet.

Pete
Old 09-20-2018, 04:20 PM

New version up - 1.9.1, with a small bug fix and a massive new feature - it'll doubtless be a bit buggy at first but try it and give feedback.

Pete
Old 09-21-2018, 11:58 AM

Nice! Love the new version. No bugs yet, I'll let you know.
Old 09-22-2018, 04:40 PM

Thanks Jeff!

If you're using a 1.9 version that's pre 1.9.5 and use or want to use direct Pro Tools session import please update now.

There was a major bug in timecode calculations for non-25fps rates in any 1.9 version before 1.9.5 (only with Pro Tools session import, not with session text import). Integer / fractional / drop frame rates should be ok now. if people could keep an eye out though till it's been out in the wild for a bit longer.

Pete

Last edited by Pete Gates; 09-22-2018 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Fixed drop frame and didn't want to create too much 'noise' on the forum