Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2011, 12:04 PM

Default Re: What VIs come with SE?

No that means that it's not listed, plain and simple. And as your resellers job, you have to know your program in and out, which means you should also have one copy already installed to show your clients, and therefor would already know what there is.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that part? Any reseller worth of selling avid systems, have them on display and also installed for their clients to preview, ask question and even get front line support from the people they purchased the products if they need to. No matter if you're selling the m-audio versions of pro tools with their gear, or the High end version of Pro tools.

The only thing I think Avid dropped the ball with when it comes to sales, is that they don't make sure that the resellers are actually doing their job properly. Not only in terms of marketing, but providing the right type of services to their clients.

Wave-T.com
Old 09-22-2011, 01:43 PM

Look did I disagree with you? I don't run the store.....just an employee doing the best I can to understand THOUSANDS of products. I GET it.

So why must you Troll and Flame me over it? You must have something else to do with your time.

This forum is for people to ask and get questions answered....NOT to be flamed, lectured and harrassed.

I really don't care about your issues with resellers keep it off the forum that's not what it's for.
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40
Ableton Live 10/Presonus Studio 3
Old 09-22-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothboy View Post
We don't sell high end stuff....dude these are small plastic maudio interfaces that come with SE. Most of us are using LE or higher.....but I already said that.
Quote:
I can't hold products from being put on shelves just because I don't know everything about what AVID presents as vague.
Quote:
So you have to actually have SE to know what they are. No released list...C'mon seriously?
Read the lines from your other posts again, and think carefully about why you might think that we have came with such answers.

You come here, ask a questions which is fine, that's why the forum is for. But then when you get an answer (note that I'm not saying comment) you start lashing back against the product, when the first step you should have made was to install it, test it, learn it to make sure you knew all the new things for the customers (even though the basics of the program are the same) and then you would have seen the info right away instead of blasting Avid for the lack of a list of what's included in the SE version.

I'm not flaming you in any way. I'm trying to make you realize that the first step you should have taken, is to install it.

Wave-T.com
Old 09-22-2011, 04:38 PM
Avid

Post Re: What VIs come with SE?

The instruments in Pro Tools SE are similar to what you find in Xpand.

You can see the categories and a few of the specific instruments at about 1:18 in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXFOVH7SXPI

And about 1:31 in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDteW6iWGr4
Old 09-23-2011, 06:05 AM

Smile Re: What VIs come with SE?

Let me set you straight Emcha: Don't continue this with your reverse psych. I got an answer....but not to my question...which you didn't answer with any facts. Like you didn't even know them.

We have 9 running in the store....it's not my store and I don't make the policies there. I'd love to have every version running....not my call though. Sorry!?

Not blasting AVID. It IS vague. It's not even listed on the site as to what they are. THAT IS vague. Not slamming them just pointing it out.

If you want to lecture people do it in general discussions...this is a help forum.

Thanks Digi CS for your kind reply!
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40
Ableton Live 10/Presonus Studio 3