Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2005, 05:23 AM

Default Pro-Tools and Login 7 not matching time stamps ?

I 've just sent consolidated audio files, , AIFF's, to a client in London who is mixing our record in Login 7, OSX and none of the tempos or files lock up at all. His tempos aren't close to what the click track tempos in Pro-Tools are, as he analyzes tempo in any of the loops nothing is even close to the tempos and none of the audio matches or locks up ! Anyone had this issue recently? Does Login 7 have a "spot region" to or bar grid, like in "Spot regions" in Pro-Tools does? help !

--------------------

[email protected]
Intel duel Quad core
PT 8.0cs3
HD4
D Command / D control
Old 03-25-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Pro-Tools and Login 7 not matching time stamps ?

Hello Kurt,

I don't have the answer! But have a few suggestions? I know its obvious, but the sample rate is worth a mention here!! also, I am based in the UK, Brighton and use both PT HD and L7 on G5 and would gladly have a look at the files and see if i could prepare them for logic to play. If the London studio was to send me the files, i could get them back in 1 day!!

I know OMF from PT to Logic has a poor success rate! but i'm sure there's a way to get it into a Logic song format.

Regards

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Pro-Tools and Login 7 not matching time stamps ?

As it turn out the mix engineer had the wrong sample rate. It seems that the previous version of Login sample rate adjusted it self automatically and now with 7 you have to adjust it with one button, this he didn't do. It is all fine now thanks for the assistance.

[email protected]
Intel duel Quad core
PT 8.0cs3
HD4
D Command / D control