Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2015, 07:20 AM

Default Re: Video Issues with BM Intensity and PT 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1rflow View Post
A bit of a novice question here:

I understand that "gen-locking" your video output card (such as a Decklink Extreme) is considered the best way to make sure your system is in sync. The ref input for the Decklink would be received directly from the SYNC HD, which is being fed reference via a sync generator such as an AJA GEN 10. Correct?

So does this mean, for those who frequently switch between broadcast (59.94i/1080i 29.97DF) and HD episodic television (delivered to us as 1080psf, 23.98), that for each session in the session setup, the clock reference has to be set properly to Video Reference (SD) for broadcast, and Video Reference (HD) for episodic television? In order to be completely accurate and in sync?
  • The video card should be getting reference from a reference generator.
  • Same thing for the Sync HD.
  • So, video card and Sync HD are being fed the same ref.
  • Every time your video standards changes you need to have a generator that can match these settings.
  • Then, send the corresponding reference to your Sync HD and the video card.
Old 12-17-2015, 06:28 AM

Quote:
FWIW Installing BM 10.5.2 on a W7 SP1 computer (has Intensity Pro 4K installed) here wiped out the Avid Application Manager 2.4.5
I'd have expected better cooperation between Avid and Blackmagic by now. Avid announced their partnership some time ago, but so far more dysfunction.
Old 12-27-2015, 01:02 AM

Hi,

I'm about to take the path to 12.4 and the new features seems very nice and also the plugs-in that come with the update.
But, as an intensity pro user, i'm very aware of that thread.
I guess, the best way should be to buy an Aja but, before having to do that, is there someone who found a special setup that is working ?

Mountain Lion, BM 10.4 and PT 12.4 ?

Since a few years now, all has always worked like a charm, even with my last set up : HDX, Protools 11.2.1, BM 10.2

Last edited by mik; 10-11-2016 at 01:08 AM.
Old 12-30-2015, 03:29 PM

I seemed to be able to get a Intensity Shuttle to play ball. The main downfall with it seems to be if there is a mismatch in the settings of the control panel and in the Pro Tools video window. Where i run into trouble is having to down convert HD video, it is really finicky and can cause the "stop playing after 2 seconds" issue. If you have your video window up, as well as an external video monitor, you see them struggling to play in sync before it all goes to hell.

But if there is no conversion happening, it seemed to work as well as the T-Tap we have here.
Old 12-31-2015, 08:16 AM

I've just tried a quick Pro tools 12.4 install.
And it seems after a little hour of work that everything is fine here. Of course i haven't extensively work with the set up, but no lag, no latency before going to play, and it appears even quicker than in Pro tools 11.2.1.

BM drivers here are 10.2.3 (well i guess they are not so new...but it works and i don't need anything else)
Mac OS : 10.8.5

Now i'll have to deal with the short cut bug (command-alt-/) but that's another problem
Old 12-31-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
Now i'll have to deal with the short cut bug (command-alt-/) but that's another problem
I have the solution for that check here - http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=369427&page=6

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro
Old 12-31-2015, 11:58 AM

Thanks a lot Marco !