Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 01-12-2012, 11:35 AM

Default I need some serious help... Eucon is breaking Cubase

I've posted this over at the steinberg forums aswell, but haven't gotten any real help from them. Perhaps someone here may be able to assist me. Thanks in advance.

I have been struggling for 2 weeks straight to get a copy of Cubase (any current version 5 or 6, 32bit or 64bit) installed and working with an Avid Artist Control in Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

To date I've done 8 fresh installs of windows 7, and everything stops working upon installing Cubase and the Eucon drivers/adapter. Although it might be worth noting that I've gotten errors during the Cubase install process (for example the installer has gotten stuck during the install of the "MP3 Trail", and required a force quit).

When I've been successful at installing Cubase, if I manage to get it open, once I close it, I have to restart my entire system in order to reopen it again.

After installing the Eucon software and Adapter (all the latest versions) I can get Cubase to open however most of the time when I try to add Eucon in the device list Cubase will freeze. After a number of reboots if I manage to add Eucon in the device list, once I quit Cubase it will never open up again (it gets hung up while initializing).

I'm at a loss for words to express the frustration this experience is causing me, I built this computer, upgraded to Cubase 6 specifically in order to run the Artist Control (all at a cost of nearly $3000), and it all seems like a waste of money.

My system specs are as follows:

Processor: AMD FX-6100 3.3GHz L2 6M
Motherboard: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5
Ram: 16 GB
Videocard: Sapphire HD6670 Ultimate 1G DDR5

Installed peripherals:

Soundcard: RME Raydat (latest drivers and firmware)
Midi devices: Keystation Pro 88 (generic class compliant drivers), Korg Kaoss Pad 3 (latest Korg USB Midi drivers)
Misc devices: Wacom Bamboo create

Is there anyone who might be able to provide some insight into what might be the root cause to all these problems?

Perhaps I should add that I'm hoping to have Cubase 5 (32 bit), & Cubase 6 (64bit & 32 bit) installed and have them all integrated with the Avid Artist Control. Is this even realistic?
Old 01-19-2012, 03:08 PM

Default Re: I need some serious help... Eucon is breaking Cubase

Don't know what to suggest, but cubase 6 x64 working fine here with Artist mix,pro v.2 and transport.

i7 970
24 gigs ram
gigabyte ex58 -ud5
ati radeon

2x MR 816X

windows 7 x64 pro

MC
Old 02-07-2012, 01:11 AM

Default Re: I need some serious help... Eucon is breaking Cubase

Sorry you're having so many troubles, sounds like a nightmare (I've been there)!
By the fact that Cubase has trouble when installing, I wouldn't even worry about the Eucon drivers yet, until you get that figured out.
My guess would be something fundamental, like bad RAM, by Bios settings, sounds like you gotta go deep for this one! Good luck.