Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire and USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)

Old 03-01-2014, 02:46 PM

Default MBox 3 Problem Blinking Lights

I've been using the Mbox 3 [ Normal ] for over a year on a pc which worked perfectly fine. I've switched to a macbook pro 15 inch which created tons of workflow problems like the blinking blue lights. This happens whenever I disconnect and reconnect. I have to turn off my computer and turn it back on just to allow it to work. However I found some kind of fix. I just upgraded my ram from 4GB to 16GB. Ever since then. I can unplug and replug it as much as I want and there wouldn't be an issue. So on those computers that uses the mbox 3 and has issues. Maybe try a ram upgrade. Not being technical here but it worked for me like a charm and hasn't failed me. I was so close to return the mbox 3 but I love how clean it is. Thankfully I didn't had to do that.