Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)

Old 06-09-2010, 04:04 PM

Thumbs down M Powered Essentials and 001 Le

I have bought my brother the fast track II that comes with pro tools essentials in hopes that we can send, share and load one another's session files. If I create a session on my Digi 001 Le with pro tools 6.4 save it on a disc and load it on his PC using the fast track it works. All good. But when I save a file created on the fast track M Powered pro tools essentials 8.2 and try loading it on my 001 its says its an invalid file? Is this possible or is it just another thing they screw you on such as no shuffle, scrub and spot mode? Please help if you have any Ideas. Thanks!

www.soundcloud.com/barbericbeats
Old 06-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Avid

Default Re: M Powered Essentials and 001 Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbericbeats View Post
I have bought my brother the fast track II that comes with pro tools essentials in hopes that we can send, share and load one another's session files. If I create a session on my Digi 001 Le with pro tools 6.4 save it on a disc and load it on his PC using the fast track it works. All good. But when I save a file created on the fast track M Powered pro tools essentials 8.2 and try loading it on my 001 its says its an invalid file? Is this possible or is it just another thing they screw you on such as no shuffle, scrub and spot mode? Please help if you have any Ideas. Thanks!

www.soundcloud.com/barbericbeats
When you save the session on the M-Powered system, you have to do a 'Save As' and make sure to choose the Pro Tools version type (in this case 6.x) you want the file to be in.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:23 AM

When I save as on the M Powered session, the save type drop box only has one option that is pro tools session(*.ptf )
Old 06-10-2010, 09:56 AM
Avid

My mistake - you have to choose 'Save Copy In' to get the option to save it in a different Pro Tools version format.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:37 PM

So then with pro tools essentials I am unable to achieve this, despite what guitar center salesmen sell it as? Very misleading, and terrible marketing! If know I would have sprung for a mbox.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:43 PM

If you chose save copy in, then pick what version of pro tools you will be opening the file in. It should let you save as a 6.4 version.