Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2011, 09:02 PM

Default PT10 won't quit and playback engine panel weirdness

Just finished my first run through of PT10. This is a Mac Pro 8 core with 8GB RAM and a 4TB RAID running 10.6.8. This is a PT native system using an RME HDSP-AES card into a Lynx Aurora 16.

After my first run through, PT10 is not responding to the quit button or to cmd-q. I guess that's better than crashing, but I hate to force quit.

The session was mostly smooth, but on a moderately complex mix session that played fine on PT9, I'm getting playback errors on PT10. At least in my limited world, PT10 doesn't seem to be faster where it counts. I've got the playback engine set to 1024 samples, 6 processors, 80% usage, Long delay compensation (I think... see below) and 1000ms level 8 buffers.

Messing with the delay compensation dropdown gives weird feedback. If I set the delay compensation dropdown to "Long", it displays "Lng" afterwards. If I set the delay compensation dropdown to "Short", it displays "Long" afterwards. There does not seem to be any response to setting the delay compensation to "maximum". Looks like theres a bit of work to be done there.