How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2019, 06:20 AM

Default Zoom Presets and Vertical Zoom Inconsistent

Hello,
Can please somebody help me with this as it is blowing my mind. I thought I was going crazy and getting less and less vertical screen estate. Whats my goal? To get as many bars visible while still having all of them numbered properly on the ruler e.g. 1 2 3 4 instead of 1 3 5 etc. I either use the keyboard zoom in/zoom out shortcuts or alt + scroll or the buttons on the vertical scroll bar in edit window. Please, have a look at those screen shots:

Both consist of me recalling the zoom preset number 2. The number of visible bars randomly changes. Sometimes it's even less that that, 20 or 19. I try to zoom out by one notch but it already shows twice as many bars. I just want to keep as many bars as possible on my screen while still maintaining all bar numbers. What am I missing here? Why the same zoom setting changes every time I zoom in/zoom out? How can I adjust it smoothly and not 2 times closer/ 2 times further? Thanks.

Right now it's worse:

The most zoomed out view while keeping all bar numbers. Why does it keep changing?

Edit: I see it changes based on the tempo but in those screen shots the tempo stays at 120bpm. BTW is it possible to keep the number of bars visible on the screen constant regardless of the tempo changes? It seems it's done based on time rather than beats.

Last edited by matthewmkb; 04-16-2019 at 06:55 AM.