Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2011, 03:02 AM

Default Re: ERXP - Release Party - Reactions

Last night I have tried the ERXP using headphones to make sure everything works. Seemless update proces (Mac) and ... it works.

Today 5 minutes to test it on my usual setup: stereo (tube) power amp, at low listening level, into a (stereo) 2x12, no cabsim.

I'm very happy with the plexi alternatives, and with the speaker-breakup.
It certainly adds to the live feeling of 11.

I also like the studio compressor ( in front ). I can tweak it to my desired compression-sound.

Not enough time yet to explore the multichorus and dynamic delay to extend, but those were actually the only effects I have been using protools for (I'm not a recording man, just looking for good guitarsounds at low levels).

First 5 minutes were happy ones, haha.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:49 AM

<bitch mode on> I've to pay for a update
I updated anyway if I want to sell it it's probably worth more. <bitch mode off>
I really like the Bogner XTC, Matchless dc30, b30 cab, G12-65 cab models. Haven't even been trying new delay and par EQ.
I think the new cab impulses are a very worthy addition. They sound very convincing. I think I'll wait a bit longer before selling it
Old 03-23-2011, 05:23 AM

The update ran smoothly on my iMac. (one of those 27'' suckers).

I only tried presets, for whatever reason, my wifi was cutting out on me while i was trying to download the PT 9.02 update that we are supposed to have. Got it late in the night, applied it, and never turned it on so I didn't get a chance to play with the GUI.

First up on the presets were the 'Z' bank. Not too shabby...I use a 5 string dingwall afterburner 2, active pickups, goes in hot. Not sure where the break up was happening. I dial up some wicked tones on this thing, and prefer it sounding like a ricky, though pretty much anything comes out of it with tweaking. The modeling was causing it sound distorted, but not the good way. Had to pop off the actives to go passive, but lost some of that chunk that makes the bass rock. Have to play with it when I get the GUI going.

2nd, strapped on the LP and ran through the presets. This was fun. Lots o fun. gooey sticky latex kinda fun :)

I've barely scratched the surface though, but damn, the unit sounds amazing on the presets alone!

If your considering it, take the plunge!!
Old 03-23-2011, 06:39 AM

So after a loooooong night of playing w/ all of these cool new features I just have to say that I've NEVER been more happy w/ a product. The hard earned money that I saved-up & spent on this little Orange Gravy Dispenser was worth every penny..............

Having said that I hope that the Avid / Digi Corp makes a killing on selling this expansion pack.......

I was very concerned that any upgrade might be done to just appease all the loud mouths that just complain (about EVERYTHING in Life) & that the 11R quality might take a dip........This is soooo not the case.........& It amazes me to no end..........

I'm not knocking what already in there (I so luv it), but I feel ALL of these new FX, Amps, Cabs etc...etc....are so SPOT-ON and of an even HIGHER QUALITY..........It just feels like The Digi research team found there groove & went the extra mile.........

The guys on this forum are the best & I think I can speak for most of them when I say "Out of the Park Homerun people".........

But how did you guys not just bust out at the seams & keep this cat in the bag while some people were actually selling off there 11R's (Those poor people)..................
Old 03-23-2011, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udamann88 View Post
Having said that I hope that the Avid / Digi Corp makes a killing on selling this expansion pack.......
I do too, because as long as Avid is making good money supporting the Eleven Rack, then they will continue to do so!
Can you imagine...after all of this excitement that we had (deservingly so) over the Expansion Pack's release, how cool it would be to experience this again and again if we got one released every year....uhhh.... I mean every 6 months?

I hope they continue to update the firmware with more new FX's and amp models until they cannot cram anything else into it!

It is a win, win situation for sure!

Old 03-23-2011, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefont View Post
I do too, because as long as Avid is making good money supporting the Eleven Rack, then they will continue to do so!
Can you imagine...after all of this excitement that we had (deservingly so) over the Expansion Pack's release, how cool it would be to experience this again and again if we got one released every year....uhhh.... I mean every 6 months?

I hope they continue to update the firmware with more new FX's and amp models until they cannot cram anything else into it!

It is a win, win situation for sure!

This is exactly how I feel & what I was kind of implying............

The #1 thing to me is that anything that they ever add into the 11R is of the same crazy high quality that is in there now.......This is what makes this unit stand-out & keep such a loyal following.........

The only thing that I NEED in this Orange beauty is the delay spill over when changing presets feature..........

But the spoiled child in me does still have a WANT/WISH list though (All guitarists have this)......It did just get a lot shorter w/ this new ERXP update.........Lol

Note: There is not an actual child inside of me......fwiw
Old 03-23-2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udamann88 View Post
Note: There is not an actual child inside of me......fwiw
Austin Powers flashback....."Get in mahhhh belly"

Old 03-23-2011, 07:11 AM

Living in the future has its downsides hence i only got to install erxp 5 hours ago but the installation was smooth on the ole imac.
Im not sure if its because of the speaker breakup alone that the tones sound so much better but Woo Hoo, very nice indeed! managed to make it through the presets and hang around on a few different amps and play... actually have that lovely sore finger feeling
Stellar job peole!
Old 03-23-2011, 07:34 AM

Being a fairly new owner of the Eleven Rack and an ex-owner of the Axe-Fx(yes, the 11R was good enough for me to sell the Axe), I was really looking forward to this Expansion. In the past I have owned a Silverface Super Reverb and a Ecstasy 101B - these are the two amps I miss the most.

I downloaded it right after work last night and got my 11R updated just minutes before I had to give a guitar lesson. So I finally got to play with these two new models briefly before it was time for bed. I'll know more later, but I really enjoyed the tones! They are sounding very very good. The vibe and spirit of these two amps are certainly in there. Fantastic job!

I do have a quick question. I loaded the PT LE 8.0.1, that came with my 11R, onto my machine a few days ago and tried to update to 8.0.5 yesterday with no luck. It kept saying that it couldn't find a validated PT program. So I downloaded 8.0.3 and that loaded and integrated just fine.

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm assuming 8.0.5 will load up and upgrade with no problem, hopefully.

Question, I know I was supposed to have 8.0.5 before I did the update to ERXP. How should proceed now that I have already upgraded the 11R with only 8.0.3 running?

Thanks
Old 03-23-2011, 07:42 AM

After updating to Pro Tools 8.0.5 you will need to run the Pro Tools Expansion Pack Pro Tools update again. You do not and will be able to run the firmware update again.