Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 03-08-2009, 12:12 PM

Default > Spectrasonics RMX timing

RMX is playing too early. I have never had this problem before and just came across it in ProTools 8. I had to delay the track around 1500 samples (midi offset) to get it in time. Drumagog no longer works the same either. I do have the latest version of RMX (1.7). I tried looking for a solution on the spectrasonics.net, but my first forum search came up blank and then it would not let me search again. . . they have some kinda of long timeout. . . 5 minutes later and I still could not search. What a joke. It is also COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS that a serial number is required just to look around their support forum. I could see a login/password, but I don't have serial numbers handy nor do I remember 'em all. I must say, I really have no love for Spectrasonics as a company, after leaving me in the ditch when they dropped their support for Trilogy which does not work right with the wrapper (yea I know all the reasons, but well managed companies don't let themselves get railroaded).

Any ideas?

A side note, PT 8 crashes predictably in this session, every time I drag the RMX plugin to another track (I wanted to move it to an Aux Track from the Instrument Track. I guess I just won't do that.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:41 PM

Default Re: > Spectrasonics RMX timing

Can't give you a solution to this but I can confirm some funky midi behavior including the playing early thing.
At one stage even my recorded midi notes were all ahead of the bar. I thought it might be related to the buffer settings but I'm not sure about that any more.
I can't pin it down.
This is not just with RMX though.
As far as Trilogy goes it actually works fine in PT8 and I use it all the time.
All you have to do is put a .dpm as a file extension on the plug.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:53 PM

Turn ADC off...
Old 03-08-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anibal View Post
Turn ADC off...
Yea that would fix it.

I had ADC on, and I was programming the part in RMX late in the process. I just recorded a snippet to see how far out it was and used Midi offset to correct. I could print RMX and then slide it, or program with ADC off, turn it back on and then use midi offset, or , or, or. .. but anything other than working right is unfortunetly a pain, and there is usually enough of that (pain) already.

This needs to be fixed, not sure who to tag Digi or Spectronics. I thought this used to work find in PT 7.4, and the earlier version of RMX, or is my memory going as well.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBuckle View Post
As far as Trilogy goes it actually works fine in PT8 and I use it all the time. All you have to do is put a .dpm as a file extension on the plug.
Really? Without the wrapper? That is a surprise, an old end-of-life plugin becomes compatible again thru a new release of ProTools. It is almost hard to believe. . .
Old 03-08-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howardk View Post
Really? Without the wrapper? That is a surprise, an old end-of-life plugin becomes compatible again thru a new release of ProTools. It is almost hard to believe. . .
G5/PPC only. Trilogy won't work on intel.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:13 PM

Sorry to mislead, I didn't know that. Yes my Mac is a G5 PPC.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Yea that would fix it.

I had ADC on, and I was programming the part in RMX late in the process. I just recorded a snippet to see how far out it was and used Midi offset to correct. I could print RMX and then slide it, or program with ADC off, turn it back on and then use midi offset, or , or, or. .. but anything other than working right is unfortunetly a pain, and there is usually enough of that (pain) already.

This needs to be fixed, not sure who to tag Digi or Spectronics. I thought this used to work find in PT 7.4, and the earlier version of RMX, or is my memory going as well.
blame digi... it's been always like that
Old 03-09-2009, 01:00 AM

I believe I have experienced RMX working with PT 7.4 ADC on without incident. Don't quote me on it just yet as I have to go back and verify to be 100% sure.

I know Drumagog lined up time-wise with ADC On (using DGOG's Fixed latency version). That version does not seem to work in time with PT 8, but it might simply be a RTAS buffer size, or some other setting that is off the mark. I will have to investigate when I am back at it and have a second to breath.

You would think all these products would be playing nicely together in this day and age. . . the devil is certainly in the details, someone should have doused devil with water my now, instead of the user comunity dealing with this kinda thing over-and-over-and-over. . .

Time to sleepzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. . . .
Old 03-09-2009, 04:03 AM

Quote:
[…] but I don't have serial numbers handy nor do I remember 'em all.
Howard,

I’m sure you know this, but — specific issue aside — you ought to get in the habit of using Apple’s KeyChain. It may be a bit laborious to setup initially, but once you do, you’ll always have everything at your fingertips when needed.

I’ve created separate keychains for internet passwords, financial tools, as well as for software serial numbers and authorizations. I gave each chain a different access password as well (as an added layer of security), and those are the only three items I have to have committed to memory.

Keychains can also be shared over networks and transported (i.e. with memory stick).

I find Keychains to be an indispensable and invaluable OSX feature.

IHTH.

We’ll fix it in the shrink-wrap. (Frank Zappa)