Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 12:27 AM

Default Stylus RMX: can\'t load kits

Hi,

I've installed Stylus RMX (.dll file is in the VstPlugins folder of FXPansion VST2RTAS Adapter) and i have then launched FXpansion to wrap the vst plugin. Wrapping completed succesfully.

I've copied the two .db files (/SAGE/StylusRMX/CoreLibrary/ .db) in the folder where is the .dll

Is that right ?

WHen i launch stylus rmx, I can't see any kits or loops. I tried to load one thanks to 'Open Multi' or 'Open part', but can't .

What have i done wrong ?

Thanks for ur help
Old 11-17-2005, 03:06 AM

Default Re: Stylus RMX: can\'t load kits

Hey ... Ill try to help here:

First off. I assume this is the newer version of Stylus, RMX. If thats the case,. You dont need to use the VST to RTAS wrapper for Stylus anymore.. If you a licensed copy you can get the 1.5 upgrade which includes the RTAS plugin for free...In regards to the DBs which Stylus uses as its core libraries, it sounds like there may be an issue with where the stylus pointer.dll is.. I recall a similar issue a while back and I resolved by reinstalling the dll of the first CD to the native directory..

Lastly, if you still cant get it to load, I'd give a quick call to them and/or drop them an email. The support team will respond and has been helpful in the past...

Let us know how it goes or more detail(s) to help troubleshoot.....

From the spectrasonics site-

Windows RTAS Support
Native support for the Windows version of Digidesign’s RTAS plug-in format has been added. Stylus RMX is now available to Pro Tools users on both platforms of Windows XP and OSX.

http://www.spectrasonics.net/news/st..._5-update.html