Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2019, 01:03 PM

Default Mixing in the box

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right section. I didn't think it would fit in Pro mixing.

I already have a loaded workstation,i7 with 32GB ram. I need a computer easy to carry to work on the go to do some mixing. I hope to buy something less expensive...however it's the plugins that use ram power...

And I'ld like to mix in the box using my fingers.

I see that the surface computers have 10-point multi-touch screens. Does this mean that mixing could be done using multiple fingers?

Surface is expensive but they have staff pad for writing w a pen

Thanks in advance
Old 04-23-2019, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Mixing in the box

I could be mistaken, but I don't think that Pro Tools is natively multi-touch. I think the Slate folks worked some magic to make the Raven work.

Randall

Quote:
Originally Posted by June Moris View Post
Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right section. I didn't think it would fit in Pro mixing.

I already have a loaded workstation,i7 with 32GB ram. I need a computer easy to carry to work on the go to do some mixing. I hope to buy something less expensive...however it's the plugins that use ram power...

And I'ld like to mix in the box using my fingers.

I see that the surface computers have 10-point multi-touch screens. Does this mean that mixing could be done using multiple fingers?

Surface is expensive but they have staff pad for writing w a pen

Thanks in advance
Denver, CO
Old 04-23-2019, 12:00 PM

Default Re: Mixing in the box

Nope. Get any laptop and maybe use a mouse or track ball, or consider carrying an Artist mix to go with it if you really need a surface on the move.