Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2012, 10:44 PM

Smile Re: Pro Tools SE White Noise Problems

Dudes! I have found an answer to this problem. Someone else put me onto it. Right click on your Pro Tools shortcut, select Compatibility, then select Run This Program In Compatibility Mode, then choose a previous version of Windows from the drop down. My OS is Windows XP SP3 and I choose Windows 2000. This has fixed it.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:39 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools SE White Noise Problems

Hi, I am also experiencing the white noise problem.
I had never heard of "pro tools" before and I had no idea that the software was an unsupported demo version. The text on the packaging made it seem like I was buying a fully usable product. My PC complies with all the minimum specs.
Reading the posts here, it seems the company has no interest in supporting their product. I wish they had made that clear before taking my money. They certainly wont be getting any more of it.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:09 PM

windows 7 pro
2.8 ghz amd quad core
4 gigs ram
1 Tb Hard drive for Windows OS
another 1Tb hard drive split into to 500 gig hard drives
Protools on one -session data on the other

I had this and many more isuses with this striped down demo
But on the subject of the "white noise" and other distorted playback issuses
This only started After I followed that "Optimization" Link refered to over and over again here.
Main point its says to "right click short cut,and under properties select " run as administrator"
In my case THIS WAS THE CAUSE
When i undid that "suggestion" Playback noises ended.
None of the other suggestions seem to be doing any harm so at this time i for 1 support those

Of course i still get other errors like the DAE blah blah whatever
But i find most of this are because i open online help or other programs while i have protools up. restarting Protools usallys fixes those but some times a system reboot is required

I dont claim that what works for me will work for you Just sharing my experiance with the crap demo version and lack of real support!
I currently only use Protools SE for the loops and effects and the one thing Audacity doesnt have The abilty to strech a section for tempo correction!
Unforunatly Audacity doesnt support this or Virtual Insturments and
Worst of all just doesnt have the sound quailty
So untill i find better i just have to send these things to Crap Tools Se
Then back to Audacity and back inforth to get desired results.
Im considering Reaper as my next try Others have suggested it here and in other forums....But im getting tired of learning Different programs................

I agree with so many others here Avid and ProTools Name is on the box!!!!
We meet the Reqs!
Ethier fix the issuse or UPDATE YOUR MIN. REQ.S
Its simple the box states it will work if it doesnt we expect you to patch it or support it................................................ ..................................
and Avid refuses to do ethier!!!!
Hell At least give us an option to upgrade to Real protools Like all of the higher end avid and M-audio Products do!!!
We can't even do that.....cuase we got scammed !!!
We should have belived when our mothers said "If it seems to good to be true it surely is"
Cause an actuly fucntioning verion of ProTools with a 1-3 hundred dollars product "Is To Good To Be True"

I have recieved Zero help from these forums
Only Stuck up repelys such as "No one here uses SE"
Or bad advice from "Avid Monkeys"
I had to work out every issuse on my own.

As a member of many many online forums I must say that The This Se forum
and The M-Audio forums are in the top 5 Most Usless Forums i ver had the misfortune of using only good i got out out of them is it where i learned about Audacity
Old 10-01-2012, 02:23 PM

I am new to Pro Tools and have read through this entire forum. I experienced the same issue as everybody else the first time I tried using the software. Although this is 'unsupported' free software, its very microsoft-esque to give out essentially free software but because everybody is using it professionally you just have to put up with the garbage. Its even better that they put the following description on their Pro Tools SE page:

Pro Tools® SE music recording and creation software delivers many of the same powerful features that studio professionals use to create Grammy® award-winning albums, Emmy® award-winning television shows, and Academy Award®-winning films. This easy-to-use software lets you create pro-sounding music with up to 24 audio and virtual instrument tracks. It also includes over 100 virtual instruments to build out your mixes, plus EQ, reverb, and other effects to make your music sound professionally produced.

Avid, I've heard that you are the industry standard... but after reading this forum, I have no desire to learn your product if you can't stand behind the little guy who is just trying to do this as a hobby.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:19 PM

Hello KLambert,

I tried your solution and so far no crackling,popping or scratchy sounds on playback which was making me think I would not be able to rely or use the program. I use Windows 7 Home edition premium 32 bit on my laptop and an M-Audio Mobile Pre interface.

Thanks,
Dcader10
Old 07-09-2013, 04:57 PM

Fixed it :) :)!!!!! I found a way