Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2010, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Limited to structure?

oops.
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_u...reUpgrade.html
Old 01-14-2010, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfextraction View Post
Shouldn't get pissed and immediatley post on a forum I guess
For some that's their only reason for coming here!

Founder of the Expert Sites.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfextraction View Post
Ok, I stand corrected (partially). I had 4 instances of Structure opened which are designated Structure 1, Structure 2 etc. Within each of these you can have 4 different patches running where I only had 1 patch open within each. This gives a much more reasonable 16 midi tracks. Shouldn't get pissed and immediatley post on a forum I guess, although I cannot find any mention of this in the Essentials documentation.

How do you put 4 patches on one thing of structure. And how do you designate between each one, like how do you use them separately?
Old 01-16-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goo-D-Man View Post
How do you put 4 patches on one thing of structure. And how do you designate between each one, like how do you use them separately?
1) Create a new Instrument Track (mono or stereo whichever you prefer).

2) Go to Mix Window. Click on a blank insert and select Structure Essential.

3) You will see the default patch, which you can change, and it's channel is set at A1. Slightly to the right of this patch you will see Main and Browser buttons. Select Browser button.

4) Double click or drag another patch over to the patch list. You can max this out at 4 patches.

5) Create 3 new Midi Tracks.

6)For the first Midi track select the output button (this is in the mix window). Change this setting to Structure Essential 1 Port A and then choose channel 2. You should now hear the new instrument on that track.

7) Repeat with other Midi tracks. Select channel 3, etc.

Let me know if you have any problems.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:55 AM

I should add that if you add another instrument track and insert another instance of Structure, this will now be referred to as Structure Essential 2.

When you keep doing this you will max out at 12 midi tracks I believe. Unless there's something I don't understand.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:52 AM

Ok i havent tried it yet but that sounds really awesome. I hope i can figure it out becuase being able to have 12 different patches will help eminsely. Thank you selfextraction for the step by step instructions.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:06 AM

Holy crap that is so great, thank you soooooooooo much. One little thing whenever i click say the midi 2 track i see the sound output on the intrument track is that how it is supposed to be? And again thank you so much.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goo-D-Man View Post
Holy crap that is so great, thank you soooooooooo much. One little thing whenever i click say the midi 2 track i see the sound output on the intrument track is that how it is supposed to be? And again thank you so much.
Yeah, that's correct. I found this strange at first too. Also, if you mute the original instrument track you will mute the corresponding midi tracks as well. That kinda sucks but oh well. Of course, their may be things that I don't know. I'm a rookie too.

Also, you should go to this website and look under Structure sounds:

http://airusersblog.squarespace.com/

you'll find many free sound patches for Structure here. You just need to copy these into the directory where your current patches are stored. This definately made me happy as I thought I was stuck with the sounds that came with Essential. Oh, and renumber your new patches to go with your current ones.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:58 AM

You are quickly becoming my favorite person on here. That is great that there are more patches because i do mostly hip hop type beats and i am sort of limited to what i can make because i don't want to use the same sounds over and over again.

So again thank you very much.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:13 PM

I heard even the full version of protools m-powered is limited, anyone know if that's true?