Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 10-29-2020, 02:54 PM

Default Pro Tools 2020.9.1 not seeing iLok License

Just installed 2020.9.1 When I launch ProTools I'm being asked to select a license to activate. The "next" button is grey. ProTools does not see the perpetual code on my I lok. An Avid window pop up shows the locations where the licenses reside and I fsee them in my account.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by jeffro; 10-29-2020 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Moved from other thread - unrelated.
Old 10-29-2020, 03:13 PM

Default Re: PT cannot find my perpetual license

Looks like 1 of your 2 licenses should support 2020.9.1 but the Release Limit date isn't correct. I'll start a support case for you to get more info and get this solved.
Old 10-29-2020, 04:15 PM

Default Re: PT cannot find my perpetual license

Thank you Jeff. I'll be back at the studio at 9am ET.
Old 11-07-2020, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2020.9.1 not seeing iLok License

I'm having the exact same problem. Pro Tools doesn't see my iLok and won't authorize to launch the program.
Old 11-07-2020, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 405voiceguy View Post
I'm having the exact same problem. Pro Tools doesn't see my iLok and won't authorize to launch the program.
Welcome to the community. Will get a support case going if I don't find one for you...
Old 11-08-2020, 03:27 AM

It happened to me yesterday; PT had been running for 24 hours or more, being used on and off, now in the background. Then the little notification popup top right on the screen that usually says: Ilok Cloud authorization confirmed, or something to that effect, now said: Can't authorize, something, something. It goes away before I can really read it.
It's the second time in a few weeks.
I open PT, it says I must insert Ilok or reconnect to ilok Cloud or PT will quit in 5 min. I open Ilok License Manager and can't see my PT license. Looks like everything else is there. I log in, log out, fiddle around (while PT quits) and somehow I get to "Restore Ilok Cloud Session" (I'm not shure what that means exactly) and my license shows up again, active, I can relaunch PT, and I'm back to normal.
I have a very stable and fast internet connection, and was streaming stuff while this happened, so I'm pretty shure it wasn't a bad connection on my side.

I'm sorry, I see now that this is perhaps not very relevant to this thread, as my issue is with Ilok Cloud and OP is not. Could be though.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
...the little notification popup top right on the screen that usually says: Ilok Cloud authorization confirmed, or something to that effect, now said: Can't authorize, something, something. It goes away before I can really read it...
I don't think it's related (can move to a new thread if needed).

https://status.ilok.com doesn't show any recent issues. Did you Close Your Cloud Session then Open Your Cloud Session during your troubleshooting?
Old 11-08-2020, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
I don't think it's related (can move to a new thread if needed).
Do what you think is best.

I posted because I thought it might contribute, as it had to do with license disappearing. But then I saw that OP had nothing to do w/iLok Cloud. I don't know.

Quote:
https://status.ilok.com doesn't show any recent issues.
Thanks.

Quote:
Did you Close Your Cloud Session then Open Your Cloud Session during your troubleshooting?
I really don't know what that means; a cloud session. I assume it has nothing to do with a PT session.

When I got iLok Cloud 6 months ago, I just activated my licenses and started using the software. I never started or closed any cloud session as far as I know. I'm guessing it has to do with being able to quickly change all licenses to work on a different machine?

Added: When this happened to me, PT had been running idle with a small session open for many hours, and I was using a browser and doing simple things. It came out of nowhere, just like the last time.