Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-14-2007, 08:23 PM

Default merging audio

How do you merge one bit of audio with another. i.e. mix them in one track?
Thanks,
scoreperfect
Old 02-14-2007, 08:27 PM

Default Re: merging audio

You're talking about something like how Sonar allows you to do? Pro Tools does not have such a feature.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 02-14-2007, 08:27 PM

If you mean; you have 2 tracks of audio and you want to mix them together to a single track, bus them to the same bus, creat a new audio track with the input set to the same buss and record. With the track capability of protools, why do you wish to do this? Maybe someone will have better ideas on how to accomplish your goal.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-14-2007, 08:56 PM

why do you wish to do this? Maybe someone will have better ideas on how to accomplish your goal.

I'm bending on one string, but need another note which I can't reach while bending to sound at the same time. I'm fudging.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:02 PM

Yikes - I have Goldwav which is like Cool edit - a $50 product that merges easily two audio tracks. i.e. mixes one audio track just like MIDI merge in PT. You just copy one track and merge in the other audio track. A nice little window then opens up and gives you a gas bar for % of mix and even a nudge bar to move forward/backward the track going in for perfect sync.

I suppose in a sense it's not necessary - just keep the 2nd audio track separate and that's that. But it's easily done on a $50 product (wav editor) so I'm pretty amazed that PT can't even do it.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:15 PM

i cant believe what im reading. Ive tried everything. searched the docs. then search here just to find out how to do what should be a simple thing to find and do and then i read this!?
the question was
"How do you merge one bit of audio with another. i.e. mix them in one track?"
and the answer is
"You're talking about something like how Sonar allows you to do? Pro Tools does not have such a feature."???
FEATURE!!?? this is a basic editing function if you ask me. (Like auditioning loops along WITH the music.) say for one small example you have a drum crash that overlaps and you want to start the drum simply on the same drum track before the crash ends. like PTs midi merge. simply. now how would PT do this? do you have to have to insert another track just to do this? or do I have to learn a whole new way to create music the PT way? or will this be in 7.4 also? or...use another program!?? I hope someone can say the answer was wrong.