Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2011, 02:10 PM

Default Reverse engineering a Fade File

Hi all.

I'm using to internal drives for storage in my mac pro. On drive 1- I have protools sessions, On drive 2- I have logic, some protools.

On drive 2 there are session folders for the logic and pt.........and one FADE Files folder with also a Wavecashe.wfm under it of the same date .

When I brought up a session months ago (from storage 1), when it came up it said it was missing fades.
I skipped the search, didn't do much in that session and closed it.

This was before noticing the Fades Files which is on drive 2.

I started working on that session again.....but this time there are no warnings saying that it's missing fades... I looked at the dates on the fades and am trying to locate which session and of which drive they belong (and if I do find, how to get them back in there proper session).

I'm going thru this session and though I remember months ago that fade files couldn't be located, I'm 99% sure it was this session.
The fade lines appear on the audio waves in the edit window. If a fade was missing would the fade lines still show up?

Should I just stick that folder and cashe in that session folder? Should I leave it alone? Any way to locate where it should go? How can I tell if a fade in the edit is still there.

This session does have a fades file with fades and wavecashe in it. The fades file that is separate on drive 2 has fades from two dates.

Thank you for any suggestions.

-rich