Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 10-07-2019, 09:01 AM

Default Re: so happy i did not update my PT ...

I have 1.5 years left on my current plan. I will probably stop paying at that time unless I see serious improvements.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:39 AM

so happy i did not update my PT ... i see there is still no further update ... makes me feel a little better about not continuing ...

once i see a major change in bahavior from DIVA i will consider coming back ...

2019-10 has not happened yet ... i hope for all those that have remained get an update soon ... and a good one not just because A is obligated to put one out !!

+1
Old 10-07-2019, 09:54 AM

I'm completely frustrated from avid and I m think they will not give us anything
I say to whom he paid How many features that you got on all this year ?!!
Old 10-07-2019, 11:28 AM

The playback engine update was pretty significant.

Other than that... ???

Not worth the 100% price increase. That really blew me away.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abomeerza View Post
so happy i did not update my PT ... i see there is still no further update ... makes me feel a little better about not continuing ...

once i see a major change in bahavior from DIVA i will consider coming back ...

2019-10 has not happened yet ... i hope for all those that have remained get an update soon ... and a good one not just because A is obligated to put one out !!

+1

+1

18 months freedom from what can appear to be more energy spent with the focus on herding the masses into subsciption and i suspect the software reflects that. its not half obvious intentional or not. FWIW i use 11.3.2 (ROCKsolid for me) and 12.3.1 because it doesnt crash all day long...i dont believe im the only one who understands that the niggling little issues which incarnate in various ways over the past few years have really lead to less real world working speed and creative flow because of one thing or another all the way through 2018.3 where i got off.
Old 10-07-2019, 04:28 PM

u know, I gotta defend AVID here, cuz i believe the Saas subscription model, is what it is. Nothing more. You use it, and then pay for it. thats all. Its like a 'royalty' for streaming or using a artwork in your advertisment.
If Protools isnt totally making you happy or tons of money BY NOW!!! then you should move on. It aint never gonna be different, EVERY 6 months apple has a new OS...............BAM all new issues to pull out your hair.
It is what it is, at this point. Go forward and be creative. if something juicy new features happen, GREAT if not , SO WHAT?!?!? make stuff happen with what youve got. My income is totaly AVID based, and yet i rely on them ZERO!!!!
Ive got exactly what I want, and Im perfectly happy.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:38 PM

Software Should age with Computer not evaporate!
Old 10-07-2019, 11:34 PM

Which version of PT on what mac and os do you use captain?
Do you use avid's video engine or is it strictly audio work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt kirk View Post
Ive got exactly what I want, and Im perfectly happy.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt kirk View Post
i dont need or want a new stupid synthesizer, or 3gig of useless loops for teenagers
MEGALOLZ ( as the kidz probably don’t say anymore)

I agree with the sentiment of this I have to say. I like the incremental additions (the plug-in “search”is more useful than I’d ever have thought), but I’m really waiting for some sort of quantum leap in something, eg a massive improvement in the function and quality of Elastic Audio. Yes, I can get pretty good results from it, but sometimes it feels like such a faff.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:03 AM

I came back to Protools after about 5 years off. I will say there are things i like and things i hate. Maybe i havent figured it out yet but i see no way to integrate basic keyboard controllers or midi controllers. But im sure ill find it somewhere.

The subscription model is a part of our lives for now and not much we can do about it. I think PT is too expensive for the basic version Adobe is 29 a month for students and 53 a month for non students. But they offer alot of apps (most of which i dont use or even know what they are but hey they are there)

None the less ill stick with PT as my mixing platform and Logic as my creation platform. Well until Studio One gets a little more mature then ill jump ship. Until then. PT does what my skill level dictates. (insert joke: yeah not much...joke)