Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2011, 07:03 AM

Default Aaarrgh! Lost my PT8 VI's

Poops on me!!! I sold my 003 with the PT7 and 8 discs, and since switching to a newer Mac i've lost all the goody VI's that came with the package...

At this point noticing Xpand2 and Mini Grand are absent, which I really need to recover if possible. I don't have the discs but I still have my old Macbook with everything loaded on it - can anyone tell me what files I need to copy/migrate to get it firing on PT9 on a Mac? The plugin GUI's are loading up, but no sounds registering on the meters
Old 08-19-2011, 10:17 AM

Default Re: Aaarrgh! Lost my PT8 VI's

System details please!

How did you install Pro Tools 9? Xpand and Grand Piano are definitely included in the installer. There's no reason to have to copy anything over. I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling... But I don't know anything about your system!

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 08-19-2011, 02:58 PM

OK, hopefully this screenshot will explain all.

I can find this file in my sub-directories, but it is un-selectable. Should I just cut and paste from my old MB?

I've just bought a 2011 2.2 i7 Macbook Pro, running OSX 10.6.8, and PT 9.0.5. I have used the OSX 'migration assistant' to copy all applications and data from my old Macbook, but just gotta sort a couple of hiccups like this. It's running perfectly otherwise.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:15 PM

On your old system grab Xpand!2, Boom, Mini Grand, DB-33 and Vaccum from the Plug-In folder, also grab the sample content belonging to Xpand!2, Boom and Mini Grand.

Place the files from the Plug-In folder back in the Plug-In folder on your new system and place the sample content in your sample drive and launch Pro Tools and manually point to the content when instantiating Xpand!2, Boom and Mini Grand.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:10 PM

I can find the plugin folder (I think - please correct me if i'm wrong) HD>Library>App Support>Digidesign>Plugins>*.dpm

Under what directory can I find the sample content for Xpand an Mini Grand? I'm not a massive VI user, and have only ever installed to the default location... but can't seem to find

Are the *.big files the content files?
Old 08-19-2011, 07:29 PM

.dpm files are what you seek, yes. If you installed Creative Collection using the default directory there will be a Creative Collection folder in the Digidesign folder. I don't know the OS X directory as I use Windows. Search around.