Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 04-04-2010, 07:58 PM

Default iPad

Anyone tried it for VNC control? I got one but haven't had the chance yet. Can't get it away from my kids!

www.livesoundaudio.com
Old 04-04-2010, 11:57 PM

Default Re: iPad

Please let us know how it works. I'd like to get one for our Profile at FOH to use for VNC and also as a manual reader.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:08 AM

this sure looks interesting:

http://www.studiosixdigital.com/ipad-compatibility.html

and this:

http://www.studiosixdigital.com/smaa...udiotools.html
Old 04-07-2010, 11:07 PM

I think my iPhone will be gone in the next year. Unless you're doing much typing the iPad will be the next deal....

Still, I'm hoping the VNC control functions are better than other touch screens I've tried. I could never get used to the way they worked although I know other people like them.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:52 AM

One of our sound guys fired up the VNC connection last night with his iPad and it worked immediately. The interface was a little slow, the touch screen wasn't the fastest, but it made half of the band want an iPad.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emluper View Post
One of our sound guys fired up the VNC connection last night with his iPad and it worked immediately. The interface was a little slow, the touch screen wasn't the fastest, but it made half of the band want an iPad.
This is why I'd love to see a native app for VENUE... I think this could be a killer controller, but I don't see that VNC really capitalizes on it's capabilities...
Old 09-16-2010, 06:40 PM

I just got off the road mixing monitors for Natalie Merchant using an SC-48 with 10 wedge mixes. I used my iPad with iTeleport VNC, formerly know as Jaadu VNC (sp?) http://www.iteleportmobile.com/. I plugged a Dell laptop into the ethernet port on the desk, after loading the Venue Remote Client software, I got the Dell talking to the desk, then got the iPad talking to the Dell using TightVNC http://www.tightvnc.com/ on the Dell. I also had a cheapo Belkin wireless router and just used it as a wireless access point.

iTeleport is $25 for the iPad but well worth it. I tried about three others and none operated as well as this. It's responsive and reliable. The band loved that I could do this and every house guy was way impressed, and that's what's important!

Using a Mac as the host computer is the simplest to setup. The PC takes a little more geek work but not too bad. I've also used this the same way with an M7CL but Studio Manager is a pain to use this way. I can't wait for Yamaha's Stage Mix for the iPad to be released later this year.

Good luck!
Old 10-10-2010, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area52 View Post
I just got off the road mixing monitors for Natalie Merchant using an SC-48 with 10 wedge mixes. I used my iPad with iTeleport VNC, formerly know as Jaadu VNC (sp?) http://www.iteleportmobile.com/. I plugged a Dell laptop into the ethernet port on the desk, after loading the Venue Remote Client software, I got the Dell talking to the desk, then got the iPad talking to the Dell using TightVNC http://www.tightvnc.com/ on the Dell. I also had a cheapo Belkin wireless router and just used it as a wireless access point.

iTeleport is $25 for the iPad but well worth it. I tried about three others and none operated as well as this. It's responsive and reliable. The band loved that I could do this and every house guy was way impressed, and that's what's important!

Using a Mac as the host computer is the simplest to setup. The PC takes a little more geek work but not too bad. I've also used this the same way with an M7CL but Studio Manager is a pain to use this way. I can't wait for Yamaha's Stage Mix for the iPad to be released later this year.

Good luck!

Cool!
Old 11-02-2010, 06:30 PM

I have been using iteleport for about a week and it rocks. I frequently have to setup side of stage for large Corp events and being able to walk the room and adjust stuff is really cool. Thx for the built in vnc, now bring on the dedicated app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-02-2010, 11:39 PM

I can't say enough good things about iteleport.