How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 11-01-2014, 05:49 AM

Default Re: Pro-Tools Set-Up & System Configuration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrys Cronin View Post
So, to bring up this old thread, which, by the way I am sooooo glad I found!

A few days ago I bought and constructed a pc to use primarily for audio production with pro tools. I'm pretty much having exactly the same problems (except my build is slightly lesser in quality and I'm running windows 7) and I don't know what to do. I read through the whole thread, and being fairly new to Pro Tools (not entirely though) I'm still baffled as to what this problem is or how it can be solved. It seems as though a final resolution was not reached on this topic, but looking at MEWCO's later posts, they seem to have worked it out.

Can someone please give me a fix? I've been searching for answers for the last two days and I'm sick of it. I just want to get to making music!

My specs are:

Intel Core i7-4790 3.6GHz - 2x Kingston 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM - Asus Maximus VII Ranger Motherboard - Asus GTX750Ti GPU - Samsung 120GB SSD (Windows and Pro Tools) - Western Digital Black 1TB HDD (Storage and other software) - Windows 7 HP 64bit - Pro Tools 11
A Sandra report would be helpful as well. Along with a description of what exact problems you are having; 'pretty much having exactly the same problems' leaves open a huge gray area. What aae errors are you getting? Do you have any kind of disk indexing going on? Do you have any kind of messaging program running in the background? Win XP had a program msmsgs.exe that ran full time in the background and would steal cpu cycles like crazy. Win7 doesn't have that program anymore but I think it has another similar program. You may want to check if it does and disable that. You may also want to check out Black Viper's site for Windows optimizations.

QAPLA!
Old 11-01-2014, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Pro-Tools Set-Up & System Configuration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrys Cronin View Post
Can someone please give me a fix? I've been searching for answers for the last two days and I'm sick of it. I just want to get to making music!
All the answers have already been provided in this thread, so what have you done on your system as far as implementing these answers?

What interface are you using and have you installed the latest drivers for it?

Where are you up to as far as installing PT is concerned?

The OP never did supply a Sandra Report, had he done so things may have been cleared up quicker for him so would be best if you did so now.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O