Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-09-2009, 10:45 PM

Default changing audio files from tick based to sample based?

When viewing some .wav files in the workspace browser, many of them show a bar|beat|tick for duration instead of a time. These files also show the metronome icon before "audio file" in the "Kind" column, "WAV (ACID)" for the "Format", and have a tempo associated with them. It is possible this is because I used these files in ACID sessions before, so the header may have been appended with ACID file properties.

I'm having a lot of problems previewing these sounds in the workspace browser (choppy audio), and when I import them they come in as a region group with a bunch of very short regions in them, despite some of the sounds being under a second long.

That being said, is there any way to change the properties of these files so that they show up as regular old "WAV" files with a normal duration and are sample based instead of tick based, and will preview and import properly from the workspace browser?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 01-10-2009, 08:07 AM

Default Re: changing audio files from tick based to sample based?

Somebody else had a similar problem not long ago. Seems like maybe he solved it by converting them to AIFF and back, or something like that. It would be easy to batch them in PEAK, if you have it. Or possibly copying them to a flash drive and back might strip the header. Or to a FAT32 or NTFS drive (via a flash drive) and back.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB
Old 01-10-2009, 11:05 AM

you could try this...
select all the offending wavs, now with acid icons, hit apple-I and look at the "open with..." info. change that to pro tools. that is, if it's not pro tools...
Old 01-10-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeron80 View Post
Somebody else had a similar problem not long ago. Seems like maybe he solved it by converting them to AIFF and back, or something like that. It would be easy to batch them in PEAK, if you have it. Or possibly copying them to a flash drive and back might strip the header. Or to a FAT32 or NTFS drive (via a flash drive) and back.
Unfortunately, I don't have a flash drive. I will try batch converting them in SoundForge though and see if that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypaul View Post
you could try this...
select all the offending wavs, now with acid icons, hit apple-I and look at the "open with..." info. change that to pro tools. that is, if it's not pro tools...
None of them have ACID icons as I was using them in ACID on my PC before I put them on my drive on my Mac. I tried setting all of them to open with Pro Tools in Finder > File > Get Info, but they still show up the same.