Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2011, 09:19 AM

Default PT 9 and PowerCore. Does FXpansion VST to RTAS wrapper work?

My Pro Tools 9 crossgrade from LE is coming on Tuesday. Very Very excited about it.

I am thinking about purchasing FXpansion VST to RTAS wrapper

I've dug through the TC forums and the FXpansion forums as well as this one and can't seem to get a definitive answer.

What I have cleaned is that 2.1 would wrap the Powercore VST's, but the wrapped plug-ins were resource hogs and one instantiation would kill you.

Evidently there was an update 2.1.1 which addressed this and allegedly brought PT 9 compatibility.

PC users seem like all is going well, but Mac Users indicate problems with PT 9, and nobody seems to answer their threads!

Just wondering if anybody here had some experience.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:41 PM

Default Re: PT 9 and PowerCore. Does FXpansion VST to RTAS wrapper work?

I haven't updated my expansion chassis so haven't had a chance to use PoCo in PT9, however the wrapper has worked perfectly in PT8 with my old work horse G5
Mac Pro dual 4 core 2.4GHz Westmere, OSX 10.6.7 6 GB RAM, 1 TB boot HDD 500 DB Media Drive 2 500 GB backup drives BLA signature series Digi 002R PT9 full version, Digi/Magma updated 13 slot PCIe to PCIx expansion chassis, 4 UAD-1 cards 3 TC Powercore PCI, Command 8.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:39 PM

Thanks for the reply.

It is interesting that you run your Poco in a Magma chassis too - I will have to try moving mine to a chassis to see how that goes.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notrude55 View Post
I haven't updated my expansion chassis so haven't had a chance to use PoCo in PT9, however the wrapper has worked perfectly in PT8 with my old work horse G5
I wouldn't bother doing the updating. If you've perused the Poco forums at all you'd know that not only has the Poco line been discontinued but that there's also major league problems with the drivers for OSX (the Snow Leopard drivers never really worked right). TC is doing everything it can to divorce itself from the platform. They're only doing bug fixes for the drivers, nothing more and even then the response time from TC isn't worth the wait.

QAPLA!
Old 04-10-2011, 08:12 AM

For what it is worth they are actively working on the snow leopard drivers (i am in the beta program, lastest appears to be working well for me)

Maybe more important is that I sent a "pre-sales" inquiry to FXpansion on Monday or Tuesday of last week asking about PT9 support and have not heard anything back. Neither yes, no, or please don't bother me.

Will update if I do hear something.

For some reason I can't post in the FXpansion forum, even though I have been registered there for a few years.

Did post at the Powercore forum - I got two positive answers (yes it works) and one negative answers. The negative doesn't say what version of VST wrapper he is running.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:17 PM

emulin, curious what your experience has been since you posted this. Have you used the PC with PT9? Thoughts?