Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 12-11-2015, 03:53 PM

Default If I don't buy the Annual "UpGRADE", will I still get the PTHD11 "UpDATES"?

I can't find the information on this guys.
I have Pro Tools HD 11.3.2

As I understand it, if I do not get the annual plan, then I can't upgrade to PTHD 12 (and beyond), this is fine.
But wil I still get the free "Updates" for my existing PTHD11 after 2015 is over in a few days time? (After all, I still paid $1000+ for PTHD11 !)

All I need is the latest version of PT11HD to be fully compatible with the latest El Capitan OSX, which means all I'm waiting for is the last free "update" to be released, I don't need to go to PTHD12. So do I need to get the upGRADE plan in my case?

I have this info here, but what does the Annual Upgrade Plan change about it?:
http://www.avid.com/us/about-avid/le...s-and-upgrades

Thanks.

Last edited by hatepop; 12-11-2015 at 04:19 PM.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:04 PM

Default Re: If I don't buy the Annual "UpGRADE", will I still get the PTHD11 "UpDATES"?

Do you know for sure that they are ever even going to update 11 and qualify it for El Capitan? I'd think they would never bother, since 12 is El Cap compatible.

Also, as I read it, you are correct in fearing that they will no longer offer 'any' updates unless you on a support plan, not just for 12, but also for 11. BUT, that's just my understanding, it's all so confusing, that could be wrong.

But I would assume as soon as 12 came out, they'd stop making 11 compatible with new OS.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:10 PM

Default Re: If I don't buy the Annual "UpGRADE", will I still get the PTHD11 "UpDATES"?

These are troubling times, I feel like it's the end of days for me!
Old 12-11-2015, 04:46 PM

It's very simple.

Ask yourself what you would do if you were a money grabbing SOB?
Retro 176 (pair), Pultec EQP-1A (pair), Germanium Comps (pair), BAE 10DC (pair), Distressor (pair), Manley Vari-Mu, Sta-Level, Zener, SSL Fusion, SSL FX G384, API 2500, LA2A, 1176, Bricasti, Massive Passive, Anamod ATS-1, Eventide H3500, TC 2290, Yamaha D5000, PCM92, PCM70... Amps, Amps & More Amps.
Old 12-11-2015, 05:11 PM

I bought protools 11hd upgrade on 4/2/14. So not even a year and a half later my software will be un-upgradable. I will never upgrade under a gun.
Old 12-11-2015, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepop View Post
I can't find the information on this guys.
I have Pro Tools HD 11.3.2

As I understand it, if I do not get the annual plan, then I can't upgrade to PTHD 12 (and beyond), this is fine.
But wil I still get the free "Updates" for my existing PTHD11 after 2015 is over in a few days time? (After all, I still paid $1000+ for PTHD11 !)

All I need is the latest version of PT11HD to be fully compatible with the latest El Capitan OSX, which means all I'm waiting for is the last free "update" to be released, I don't need to go to PTHD12. So do I need to get the upGRADE plan in my case?

I have this info here, but what does the Annual Upgrade Plan change about it?:
http://www.avid.com/us/about-avid/le...s-and-upgrades

Thanks.
Pro Tools 11 is done no more updates from what Avid has said.
HD 11.3.2 works on E.C. fine here
Old 12-11-2015, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixinthecity View Post
Pro Tools 11 is done no more updates from what Avid has said.
HD 11.3.2 works on E.C. fine here
Please show where Avid has stated "Pro Tools 11 is done." I've been paying attention and I've only seen Avid say that PT12.3 has been approved. The only statements regarding PT11.x have come from bulletin board contributors.

Jim
Old 12-12-2015, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepop View Post
These are troubling times, I feel like it's the end of days
Old 12-12-2015, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasbart View Post
Please show where Avid has stated "Pro Tools 11 is done." I've been paying attention and I've only seen Avid say that PT12.3 has been approved. The only statements regarding PT11.x have come from bulletin board contributors.

Jim
It's been said here many times from people that know that there are no more updates for PT11. And even if they are there are no more free updates; 11.3.1 was the past freebie. The only people that got 11.3.2 are either on the paid update plan or got it from a friend. Avid went back on their word when they (in the form of Tony Cariddi) said here and elsewheres that updates for PT11 would be free and no need to be on a paid plan

QAPLA!
Old 12-12-2015, 06:46 AM

Jack:

I appreciate you saying that "people who know" have said there are no more updates for PT11.x. But it's Avid's responsibility to come out in public and state clearly what is and what's not. Avid has a terrible habit of sidestepping unpopular issues, and stonewalling until they just go away.

Jim