Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 10-01-2005, 06:25 PM

Default Pressing down arrow moves cursor to start

First of all, I would like to say thank you for everything that everyone has taught me about Pro Tools. This forum has been a blessing and is truly the greatest audio forum out there.

My problem is this; I've been working on a project that involves placing MIDI notes according to foley hits in the TV show that we work on. I copy the note from the clipboard and then press the down arrow button on the keyboard to deselect the note and then nudge forward towards the next hit. This works perfectly fine at work on the TDM systems.

The problem is that when I bring the session home, pressing the down arrow selects everything from the beginning of the MIDI note to the beginning of the timeline. Pressing the up arrow key just moves the insertion point to the beginning of the timeline.

The main differences between my work environment and home system (aside from the TDM/LE aspect) is that at work we are running 6.4cs2 and syncing the video with machine control to a V1, while at home I am using 6.7 and the video is a quicktime. I would like to make my home system behave like my work system: pressing the down arrow key deselects the note but keeps it at the same point in the timeline.

I hope I've been clear on the problem and have given enough information. Thank in advance for all of your help.

Old 10-03-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Pressing down arrow moves cursor to start

bump

Old 10-03-2005, 04:39 PM

Known bug -- make the session start time in the Session Setup Window anything except 00:00:00:00

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 10-05-2005, 09:47 AM

As usual, thanks Rail!