Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2002, 12:30 AM

Default Anyone using the EZ Quest fire wire drive?

I read somewhere that these drives were approved by Gigi and deliver really good performance...Any first hand experience? If so could you include details on formatting?
Old 03-01-2002, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Anyone using the EZ Quest fire wire drive?

I'm using an EZQuest Cobra firewire 100 gig drive. I just planned to use it to transport sessions between studios so I didn't pay any attention to formatting (just took it out of the box and plugged it in.) So far it's been able to play 24 track sessions with edits across all tracks and bounce them to the same drive with no problem. I haven't tried anything with a pile of plugs yet.

The one thing I've noticed is that moving around in the session (eg tabbing to the next edit) seems to take a little longer.
HD 2 Accel
PT 7.1cs9
192 I/O
Old 03-04-2002, 08:25 PM

I am using the EZ Quest 80 gig firewire drive and it rocks! I havent touched a SCSI drive in 3 months. I have a pile of hot swaps collecting dust as I type. I have been tracking and mixing on this drive with NO problems. I even bought a firwire version of my VXA tape backup drive. Long live firewire! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2002, 11:09 PM

>
posted March 04, 2002 08:25 PM *** **** ** ** **
------------------------------------------------------------------------
>I am using the EZ Quest 80 gig firewire drive and it rocks! I havent touched a SCSI drive in 3 months. I have a pile of hot swaps collecting dust as I type. I have been tracking and mixing on this drive with NO problems. I even bought a firwire version of my VXA tape backup drive. Long live firewire! <
Did you reformat the drive out of the box? if so , with what software? I too, opened it up and just plugged it in , had 24 tracks recording with no glitches at all, but I'm wondering if bein gformmated with something else would improve performance. Craig

--------------------<