Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2013, 12:36 PM

Default I/O Help!

I turned on the computer today after it worked all last night, and it gives the "pro tools audio device could not be initialized..." message. Which caused me to press N and then change the I/O setup to Protools Aggregate in order to get into protools which normally works.

Now the ADAT 1-2 output is inactive and no matter how many times I change the I/O setup and try to make them active it says "The output could not be made active because its mapped output is currently inactive".

This is extremely frustrating and any wise words would be very appreciated!!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2013, 12:45 PM

Default Re: I/O Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealEverything View Post
I turned on the computer today after it worked all last night, and it gives the "pro tools audio device could not be initialized..." message. Which caused me to press N and then change the I/O setup to Protools Aggregate in order to get into protools which normally works.

Now the ADAT 1-2 output is inactive and no matter how many times I change the I/O setup and try to make them active it says "The output could not be made active because its mapped output is currently inactive".

This is extremely frustrating and any wise words would be very appreciated!!!!!!!!
Have you tried to set ALL the i/o settings to "Default" as they can change sometimes but I have no idea as to why

Default all of them like in - out - aux etc and restart,

Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-12-2013, 01:29 PM

Thank you. I tried this but it is still not working for some reason. It started playing out of the built in speakers but not the board or the normal speakers it is supposed to.

I am stumped. Would a video help explain the problem?
Old 10-12-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealEverything View Post
Thank you. I tried this but it is still not working for some reason. It started playing out of the built in speakers but not the board or the normal speakers it is supposed to.

I am stumped. Would a video help explain the problem?
Why don't we try a reinstall of the drivers first to see if that helps out anything. Do you have the latest driver so you can install it again and restart to see if there have been any loss of files from the driver installation earlier.

Whats your PT version, Interface and OSX version and what external devices are connected. We need more info in order to help you troubleshoot this.

Try this and post back
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-14-2013, 02:07 PM

Are any other programs using the sound card? If you have iTunes or something running, that may have 'nicked' your soundcard.