Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2011, 04:12 PM

Default Omni insert setup. help!

This is driving me nuts, and I hope someone can help.

so, I have my 192 hooked up to my new Omni, and I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to get the hardware/IO setup so I can be monitoring through the TRS outs, and also using the first set of send/returns for an outboard compressor.

I'm assuming my problem lies in the hardware setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Omni insert setup. help!

...and by hardware setup, I mean the hardware setup dialog in pt. I have the send/return on channel 1 going to my 1176, and the trs outs 1 and 2 going to my monitors. just can't figure out how to arrange in the hardware setup dialog.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:49 AM

The send/return on channels 1 & 2 of the Omni are only available while tracking. To use your 1176 as a hardware insert, you'd send from output 3 back into input 3 and configure channel 3 as a insert in the hardware setup dialog. --You can use any input/output combo you want but the numbers have to match. 3 to 3, 4 to 4, 5 to 5.....

Kinda lame about the hardware inserts on 1 & 2. It would be sweet if those were routable.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:21 AM

Ah, thanks. At least I know I wasn't missing something completely obvious.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:27 PM

Can't I assign the mix to outs 3-4, patch the outs (via patch bay) to ins 1-2 of the omni ( via a patch bay) and engage the insert ( say a stereo compressor) and monitor the mix thru protools post compressor?