Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2005, 08:29 PM

Default Mac user want\'s to switch to PC: Got questions...

Hi

I make a living as a sound desinger. I work every day on a Mac and want to switch to PC. I've got some questions that nead answering. Your input would be appreciated.

I want to run Pro tools TDM 5.x or 6.x on Windows XP.

1- Is it true that for the same buget, a PC based Pro Tools will be more powerfull?

Your Answer:___________________________________________ ______________________________

2- Is there any draw backs to running Pro Tools on a PC. I mean REAL draw backs. Not "I hate Windows" stuff...

Your Answer:___________________________________________ ______________________________

3- Cost not being an issue, what should I go for? Intel, AMD, Xeon, Athlon, Dual core, Hiper Threading dual HT? All of this is confusing me! I want a no compromise, stable work station and I have no time for dealing with flaky stuff. By the way I will be working with Quick Time videos at the same time, out of the same computer. So the computer will need to be able to run Pro Tools and the movie at the same time...

Your Answer:___________________________________________ ________________________________

4-Do you guys know of a video card that will permit me to output simultaniously to a big minitor (17"), and a TV monitor (the TV showing th Quick Time movie)?

Your Answer:___________________________________________ ________________________________

Thanks Guys!!