Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 03-21-2020, 06:43 AM

Default Re: DAPS out to Dante VS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHelbling View Post
I have not found out if it's possible to run for example the RTW meters stand-alone and catch the output dante channels. As far as I know, it's not possible on the same machine.
That's what Dante Via is for (it turns any program into a Dante device for routing on the same machine or an individual app to the external Dante network, so you can patch any app via the Dante Controller or the Via app). It's very cool but I'm not sure if it can do more than stereo. Haven't tried yet.

Worth a try.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kruse View Post
That's what Dante Via is for (it turns any program into a Dante device for routing on the same machine or an individual app to the external Dante network, so you can patch any app via the Dante Controller or the Via app). It's very cool but I'm not sure if it can do more than stereo. Haven't tried yet.

Worth a try.
Dante Via is supposed to support 16 channels.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:28 AM

You can use Source Nexus and Loopback to do this.
Old 03-21-2020, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHelbling View Post
Hi Paulo
I haven't really worked with this setup. For working with DAPS and PT on the same machine, I have decided to use the renderer with the send and return plugin. This has the advantage, that I have all the audio channels 'in the box' in pro tools. Specially because I want to use my RTW meters and analizers in the pro tools master sum.
By sending objects by the dolby atmos bridge, pro tools is like a multitrack machine and the renderer the master instance like the multitrack recorder. Because then the renderer will give out the audio to the core to dante, I'd use a second machine to catch the dante channels and monitor the levels.
I have not found out if it's possible to run for example the RTW meters stand-alone and catch the output dante channels. As far as I know, it's not possible on the same machine.

About latency to pic: you could set a master-dalay for pic or audio to get both in sync. But I cannot find it right now, have a look in the renderers manual.

Guido
Hi Guido, thanks for the update.

Paulo M

MAC Studio MAX M1_64 GB RAM_1TB SSD_MAC OS Ventura

Protools Studio 2023.12
Old 03-22-2020, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kruse View Post

Worth a try.
Hi Frank,
Good point, will check that again. I have Dante Via, purchased it in a bundle with DVS. I had massiv problems with Via, stuff like: it is working then it isn't. so it made me crazy but to be honest, haven't really tried it seriously.
I'm sure, there will be enought time in the next days to check that.

And yes: there is a 16ch i/o in Via. I forogot the name but it can be activated.

Dante an latency to picture: would be interesting to hear your experiences. How would you measure that? Run beeps to picture-marks and see/listen if it's in sync?

Guido