How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 02-28-2020, 07:36 AM

Default Re: License Verification Error - need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmsdunjour View Post
iLok Cloud is down for everyone, guess we have to wait for iLok offices to open?
Thanks for the answer.
Hope this gets fixed ASAP
UA OCTO Thunderbolt, UAD Twin MK2 QUAD
Old 02-28-2020, 09:35 AM

Is there anywayto avoid this in the future.Can having hardware ilok mitigate and issue such as this. It seems crazy to me that users are at the mercy of the cloud. Why can't sessions be worked on offline?
Old 02-28-2020, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottsimon View Post
Is there anywayto avoid this in the future.Can having hardware ilok mitigate and issue such as this. It seems crazy to me that users are at the mercy of the cloud. Why can't sessions be worked on offline?
Does the subscription allow you to choose dongle authorisation over the cloud? The reason many companies don't allow their products to be authorised to the machine locally is that it's been said, clearly by Michael of exponential audio (now izotope), that ilok "soft" auth is the weakest of the lot and has been previously breached (even though it's been updated again since then).

So these companies give you the option, cloud, which is never breached, or the dongle, which ditto, for many years now. But not the local machine (i.e the computer).

Are you totally against the idea of having a tiny ilok3 dongle plugged in? All it will do is refresh once a month for about 5 seconds if you choose that method, or once a year if you paid for a year in advance. That's it. You can be offline at all times otherwise.
Old 02-29-2020, 03:13 AM

Default Re: License Verification Error with iLok Cloud

Are there any reactions by Avid or iLok - nothing, no apologies, nothin about the cause? This was a real nightmare yesterday... a true kakka day!

Seems that they both don’t care about their costumers.
Old 02-29-2020, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterer View Post
Are there any reactions by Avid or iLok - nothing, no apologies, nothin about the cause? This was a real nightmare yesterday... a true kakka day!

Seems that they both don’t care about their costumers.
has anyone written to them to even inform them what happened in case they are unaware, and to get an official response?
Old 02-29-2020, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Post Re: License Verification Error with iLok Cloud

Apologies for the iLok Cloud outage yesterday.

We are working with iLok to understand the root cause and will update you when we have more info.
Old 03-01-2020, 12:32 AM

Hi,
Ok its time for apologies etc but my main concern is making sure not that it may not happen again EVER, because **** (always) happens.

I want to make a constructive suggestion :

Since many people working with cloud licences are 100% dependent on their pro tools to work (for me no protools means no studio means sending clients home !) there should be a mechanism by which an emergency code (to be used only once) can be put in the ilok manager to make everything run for 24 hours in full autonomy.
I leave it to Pace to devise the way to manage this, it should not be that complicated, once devised the way to prevent pirates from using the feature for their own purposes

Mark Haliday
CUSTOM STUDIO
Pro Tools HDX Ultimate
Mac Pro 2013 & Chassis
Old 03-01-2020, 01:44 AM

Default License Verification Error with iLok Cloud

I totally get your frustration and in an ideal world, there wouldn’t be any downtime.

But... is there a reason you won’t use the dongle instead? Your studio needs to be running all the time. Why not use the physical dongle? It’s about as close to zero downtime as you’ll get. Yes, I’m aware the dongle can fail. =P

I like your suggestion, but I guess if the server is down, the likelihood of depositing a temp license into everyone’s account is pretty slim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Sardi; 03-01-2020 at 03:13 AM.
Old 03-01-2020, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
Yes, I’m aware the dongle can fail.
The point was there already is a procedure for replacement license for a broken dongle, but there is nothing for disconnected cloud. If your license is in the cloud and the cloud is inaccessible, you are out of luck.
Old 03-01-2020, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
The point was there already is a procedure for replacement license for a broken dongle, but there is nothing for disconnected cloud. If your license is in the cloud and the cloud is inaccessible, you are out of luck.

??

I’m aware of that. Not sure why you quoted me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk