Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2009, 02:18 PM

Cool Re: Locking the trim tool!!!!!!!!!!

Understandable how frustrating that can be. But what's more frustrating is hearing people complain about things they dont like. Perhaps if you paid more attention to what you were doing when working you wouldn't be editing with the wrong tools. Just a suggestion.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Locking the trim tool!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyramidReg View Post
Understandable how frustrating that can be. But what's more frustrating is hearing people complain about things they dont like. Perhaps if you paid more attention to what you were doing when working you wouldn't be editing with the wrong tools. Just a suggestion.
?

http://www.pelhamundhaas.de/index2.html
http://www.pelhamundhaas.de/vita.html
www.3-p.de
www.imglashaus.de
Old 03-06-2009, 02:50 PM

+1

I hate when i switch back in forth between tools and then you trim a region and wouups! Time strech. Argggh.
I think a lock feature would be a god send.
I grad the time strech tool by error at least 3 to 4 times a day.

My 2 cents.
Luc
Old 03-06-2009, 03:49 PM

Yes, please give us the locks on the tools, not only the trimmer but grabber too.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:19 PM

lock feature! YES! please!!! if only, at least for moments when you're in clean-up mode...
Old 03-06-2009, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyramidReg View Post
How did you know I was driving my car, reading the newspaper and brushing my teeth while i use Pro Tools.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:49 PM

+1. I NEVER want to use the loop trimmer, and rarely need the TCE trimmer, but I find myself accidently using them all the time....
Old 03-07-2009, 12:26 AM

Quote:
The way to do it (by Digidesign) is to make the tools switchable "ONLY" by clicking on them.
I think this would do it for me. + 1 for fixing this. I screw up all the time by hitting the function keys to switch to a tool I already have and this switches the key mode, which is a pain. . . and it happens a lot because I fly back and forth between tools all the time, especially with Elastic time. . . I don't like it the way it is. . . The only I would add, is allow a modifier key along with the function to change the mode of the tool, for those of us that do not want to make a mouse move/click. . .
Old 03-07-2009, 06:52 AM

for me the biggest lack is that the object grabber cannot be stick in the smart tool - I don´t understand WHY that is not allowed ??

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIA...Rnu0Jfh-YsgftQ
Old 03-08-2009, 04:13 AM

Hi,

although i am not really bothered by it as it's something i have gone used to with time ... and you go.. ohh [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]!! undo.. and again.. ohh [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]! undo!! aaarrrgghh!!!! LOL!

I am working with someone that is really annoyed by the fact that you cant switch the trimmer tool off.. and what i mean is: when using the smart tool there is no way you can just select a region either for playback or just to select it near an edit point without having the trimmer tool coming up and of course trim if you click!
... yes, of course, we can switch to selector then back to smart.. or whatever but why not implement a key that allows us to bypass/switch the trimmer to selector for that click when we are near an edit point without having to change the smart tool?? ....or is there a way to do that??
I don't seem to have found it yet...

I agree with all people here also, trimmer LOCK prefs would be great!! please!!

WOULD YOU USE A RAZOR BLADE BEFORE CHINA-GRAPH??