Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools 2019

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #51  
Old 09-04-2019, 11:46 PM
Sardi Sardi is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Perth
Posts: 1,652
Default Re: Are we not due an update??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
Maybe just ignore it? Why click, type, hit "Submit Reply?" Seems odd.


Agreed.

People have a right to voice their opinion about something like this.

I wonder if people will be yawning if the price doubles again next year or if they start to encounter issues with their software?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-05-2019, 05:24 AM
xrekcor's Avatar
xrekcor xrekcor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Australia
Posts: 760
Default Re: Are we not due an update??!!

haha yes I should shut up...... for fear of voicing an opinion.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
Maybe just ignore it? Why click, type, hit "Submit Reply?" Seems odd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
Agreed.

People have a right to voice their opinion about something like this.

I wonder if people will be yawning if the price doubles again next year or if they start to encounter issues with their software?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Rob
———————————————————————————
MBP 15” 2018 macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Touch Bar and ID
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2019.6-23.# - HEAT applied, Cubase 9.5,
Yamaha TF5, UR44, BEHA4700
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-05-2019, 05:29 AM
musicman691 musicman691 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Soprano State (NJ)
Posts: 16,666
Default Re: Are we not due an update??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
Maybe just ignore it? Why click, type, hit "Submit Reply?" Seems odd.
So we shouldn't voice an opinion? Seems odd.
__________________
Jack
See profile for system details
iMac dead & retired as of 11/4/17

QAPLA!
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-05-2019, 05:36 AM
Meads's Avatar
Meads Meads is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,863
Default Re: Are we not due an update??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
haha yes I should shut up...... for fear of voicing an opinion.....
No, because nobody in this thread cares about your opinion in this specific regard. "Here goes the whining" is not an opinion, it's a weak minded and utterly pointless attempt at belittling others who voice their just frustration. This thread is about why Avid again hasn't released anything for a quarter, resting on their laurels while pocketing our cash.
It's not about your stance on reading those complaints. But following your record of posts here there's a massive lack of cognitive substance as it seems. So nevermind.
__________________

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 09-05-2019, 05:51 AM
musicman691 musicman691 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Soprano State (NJ)
Posts: 16,666
Default Re: Are we not due an update??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meads View Post
No, because nobody in this thread cares about your opinion in this specific regard. "Here goes the whining" is not an opinion, it's a weak minded and utterly pointless attempt at belittling others who voice their just frustration. This thread is about why Avid again hasn't released anything for a quarter, resting on their laurels while pocketing our cash.
It's not about your stance on reading those complaints. But following your record of posts here there's a massive lack of cognitive substance as it seems. So nevermind.
Are you now speaking for the other posters in this thread? Dangerous to assume that no one else cares about xreckor's posting. No one's here to play to anyone's sensibilities. So he made an statement - bfd (and I don't mean the drum vi) and he didn't break any forum rules.
__________________
Jack
See profile for system details
iMac dead & retired as of 11/4/17

QAPLA!
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 09-05-2019, 05:54 AM
Meads's Avatar
Meads Meads is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,863
Default Re: Are we not due an update??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Are you now speaking for the other posters in this thread? Dangerous to assume that no one else cares about xreckor's posting. No one's here to play to anyone's sensibilities. So he made an statement - bfd (and I don't mean the drum vi) and he didn't break any forum rules.
I didn't say he broke any rules. I said nobody cares. And yes, I speak for every poster in this thread who thinks that "Yaaaawwwn" is not a worthwhile contribution to a discussion, but nothing short of spam. Oh, and that is against the rules, isn't it? And even if it's not, it's dumb is what it is.

Edit: And it's sweet how you jump to his defense, he probably can't stand up for himself. You should change your name into Batman or something.
__________________

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 09-05-2019, 05:58 AM
xrekcor's Avatar
xrekcor xrekcor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Australia
Posts: 760
Default Re: Are we not due an update??!!

now now camper keep a hold of ya boot straps...... I guess its only spam when you don't agree with it.... actually I say "yaaaaaaawwwn" says a lot without saying a lot if ya get my drift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meads View Post
I didn't say he broke any rules. I said nobody cares. And yes, I speak for every poster in this thread who thinks that "Yaaaawwwn" is not a worthwhile contribution to a discussion, but nothing short of spam. Oh, and that is against the rules, isn't it? And even if it's not, it's dumb is what it is.
__________________
Rob
———————————————————————————
MBP 15” 2018 macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Touch Bar and ID
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2019.6-23.# - HEAT applied, Cubase 9.5,
Yamaha TF5, UR44, BEHA4700
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 09-05-2019, 10:10 AM
musicman691 musicman691 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Soprano State (NJ)
Posts: 16,666
Default Re: Are we not due an update??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
now now camper keep a hold of ya boot straps...... I guess its only spam when you don't agree with it.... actually I say "yaaaaaaawwwn" says a lot without saying a lot if ya get my drift.
Sent you a PM.
__________________
Jack
See profile for system details
iMac dead & retired as of 11/4/17

QAPLA!
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 09-07-2019, 09:41 PM
metalmixer metalmixer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 219
Default Re: Are we not due an update??!!

Pro tools 9 - 7 updates over 12 months
Pro tools 10 - 9 updates first year - 6 2nd year
Pro tools 11- 10 updates first year
Pro tools 12 - 6 updates first year year 6 second year 4- 3rd year
in fact since the so called support plans Zzzzvid updates to pro tools have actually gone down
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 09-08-2019, 12:23 AM
clivvy clivvy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: philadelphia
Posts: 61
Default Re: Are we not due an update??!!

Avid needs to fix quantize in 12 not as tight as it was in 9 and 10 protools in next update that would nice!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Update Module Firmware message after 3.7 update WildHoney Pro Tools | S6 1 10-21-2017 12:28 PM
Sierra 10.10.6 - To COMBO update - or App Store Update ? Seafoam_Green macOS 4 09-15-2017 02:19 PM
HD Native cant Update Firmware after installing PT9.0.5 Update Aditu Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win) 72 11-27-2012 04:57 PM
10.3 Update - Windows shutdown issue has returned. Update at your own risk. crm0510 Windows 14 09-19-2012 02:50 PM
10.5.6 update. Is it safe to apply the system update from 10.5.5? SBCCMusic 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 9 02-02-2009 03:27 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:52 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com