Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 12-24-2008, 10:03 PM

Default Peavey Revalver MkIII anyone tried it

Peavey Revalver MkIII anyone tried it

how does it compare to eleven and the others?

Thanks,
Russell
Old 12-25-2008, 08:21 AM

Default Re: Peavey Revalver MkIII anyone tried it

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman_rob View Post
Peavey Revalver MkIII anyone tried it

how does it compare to eleven and the others?

Thanks,
Russell
Yeah I have tried it out pretty extensively. I own the previous incarnation of that which used to be called Revalver MkII, Alien Connections is who created it and then sold it off to Peavy, so now it's Peavy Revalver MkIII. It's a WICKED amp sim, and BEYOND tweakable. You can pretty much build your own amp, with different tubes, and diodes, and all kinds of crazy stuff. It's very different from Eleven. They both sound really great, I use just about every guitar sim out there. I own Amp Farm, Eleven, Guitar Rig 3, Revalver MkII, all of the IK amps. I think the only one I am missing is the Waves one. I use them all for different tones or effects that I am trying to get to work with a track. Revalver MkII is awesome but it has a draw back. You can't use it in PT, it's only AU and VST as well as standalone. So if you want to record it into PT you have to use it in standalone with another interface and record it into PT. I have a Rig Kontrol for that. That is typically how I record guitars for sessions, just as if I did it with an amp. If you want to reamp it you would record your DI guitars to PT and then either send it into the other interface, as you would a guitar amp and then record it back into PT. Sorry I rambled. LOL The point here is that it is great, but you can't exactly use it in PT unless you use some workarounds or what for me is, workflow. :)

Pro Tools 10 HD Native | Mbox 3 Pro | MacBook Pro 2.3 i5 | OSX 10.7.4

Pro Tools Music & Post Operator V6-8, Instructor, and Expert ICON Mixer Certified.
Multi-Platinum Pro Tools Videos
Old 12-25-2008, 09:21 AM

Doesn't the VST wrapper work on Revalver?
Old 12-25-2008, 12:43 PM

I have tried it with the 2.0 version of the wrapper and no love. I haven't tried the 2.1 version. Maybe that will work, but so far, no love with the wrapper.

Pro Tools 10 HD Native | Mbox 3 Pro | MacBook Pro 2.3 i5 | OSX 10.7.4

Pro Tools Music & Post Operator V6-8, Instructor, and Expert ICON Mixer Certified.
Multi-Platinum Pro Tools Videos