Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2010, 01:26 PM

Default Mbox 2 MIDI input/ouput not recognized in PT or AMS (again)

I've been struggling with this problem for multiple weeks now and I'm about to throw my computer out the window and go to etching my recordings into wax. I'm so frustrated. Here is my issue:

Like many other people on here, I had not been able to run MIDI through my Mbox 2. In the Audio MIDI Setup, my Mbox 2 was greyed out. I finally found my solution in the General Troubleshooting thread, deleted the various "com.apple...." files from my library and it was working fine.

For one night.

I got up this morning, fired everything up, and it was back to the old, greyed out, unrecognized crap. So I deleted the files, restarted. Nothing changed. So I thought I'd try removing the Mbox 2 from the AMS window. That was a big mistake. I cannot figure out how to get it to recognize the Mbox 2 again.

I have dug through these forums endlessly and have tried everything short of reinstalling PT. Is that my only option? Will that even change anything?

I know this issue comes up a lot on these forums. This is my first post and I apologize for bringing it up again. There doesn't seem to be an answer as to how to get the Mbox 2 back into AMS anywhere. If a thread exists, plese forgive my ignorance and direct me toward it. Thanks.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Mbox 2 MIDI input/ouput not recognized in PT or AMS (again)

Sorry, forgot to mention my specs:
MacBook Pro (Intel)
OS X 10.6.2
Mbox 2
Pro Tools LE 8.0.3

Also forgot to mention that today the Mbox 2 was online in AMS, but when I would open Pro Tools, it would go grey again. That was right before I removed it from the AMS window.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Mbox 2 MIDI input/ouput not recognized in PT or AMS (again)

OK, it seems that updating to 8.0.3cs1 screwed things up. I went back down to 8.0.3 and everything is fine again. With cs1, the Mbox 2 would be online when PT was not running, but it would go offline when PT was on. Very strange.